Ac/Dc : 12/20/1981

Kerad

AC/DC

Any locals attend that concert in December of 1981 at the Cap Center in Landover? I believe it was the "For Those About To Rock" tour. Possibly the tail end of "Back In Black".

I certainly didn't. I was 12 years old, living in Minnesota...just getting into my first favourite band, AC/DC.

But if you were there..you may be on DVD.

Bought the newest AC/DC "vault" dvd..."Plug Me In"...songs from that concert are included.

:dude: :larry:

Just doing my part to alert the SOMD members of some damn good ####.

:cheers:

P

Patch Tuesday

AC/DC

Any locals attend that concert in December of 1981 at the Cap Center in Landover? I believe it was the "For Those About To Rock" tour. Possibly the tail end of "Back In Black".

I certainly didn't. I was 12 years old, living in Minnesota...just getting into my first favourite band, AC/DC.

But if you were there..you may be on DVD.

Bought the newest AC/DC "vault" dvd..."Plug Me In"...songs from that concert are included.

:dude: :larry:

Just doing my part to alert the SOMD members of some damn good ####.

:cheers:

Holy crap. I was there...

But I didn't inhale...

I swear...

:jameo:

P

Patch Tuesday

Now that I've thought it out..it had to be the "For Those About to Rock" tour...

I remember them playing hells bells and shooting cannons off during for those about to rock...

And my ears ringing when I left...

And the drugs, which I politely said no too...

:whistle:

Kerad

I remember them playing hells bells and shooting cannons off during for those about to rock...

And my ears ringing when I left...

And the drugs, which I politely said no too...

:whistle:

Yep...

On the DVD they only show Back In Black and TNT. But still...if you were at that concert...that's damn cool! :yay:

Hell, I wasn't at that concert and it's damn cool. :lmao: any time I can get some AC/DC that I didn't have before...it's awesome.

P

Patch Tuesday

Is "the jack" on there? It seems to me that I can remember them playing that as well...

:popcorn:

Kerad

Is "the jack" on there? It seems to me that I can remember them playing that as well...

Not at the Landover show. It's a 2 disc DVD. The first with the Bon Scott stuff
(Bon was the ####ing man!)...and the 2nd with Brian Johnson. They tried to span the whole era...so you only have a couple songs from each concert.

Back In Black and TNT are the only ones from MD.

Well..that I've seen.

I paused it to report this to all of you. :lmao:

P

Patch Tuesday

Not at the Landover show. It's a 2 disc DVD. The first with the Bon Scott stuff
(Bon was the ####ing man!)...and the 2nd with Brian Johnson. They tried to span the whole era...so you only have a couple songs from each concert.

Back In Black and TNT are the only ones from MD.

Well..that I've seen.

I paused it to report this to all of you. :lmao:

I've been sitting here trying to think who opened up for them?

Could have been a band called "Marseille" or something to that effect...

I saw AC/DC, Blackfoot/Molly Hatchet, and Bob Seger there back in those days...

Kerad

I've been sitting here trying to think who opened up for them?

Could have been a band called "Marseille" or something to that effect...

I saw AC/DC, Blackfoot/Molly Hatchet, and Bob Seger there back in those days...

If my AC/DC history is accurate...i do remember that band name : "Marseilles" ...or something very similar. So it's quite probable. You would know...but it sounds familiar to me.

I can't count it as my first "concert"...but when I was 11 or 12 I snuck out with my best friend and her sister (she was 16 and very HOT) to go into Minneapolis to see the "Let There Be Rock" movie.

I got my ass beat for that decision...but it certainly solidified my loyalty to the band from Down Under.

My parents thought it would be a phase...so when I kept sneaking albums (or tapes) in...and begged them to buy me the brand new album "For Those About To Rock".....

...they figured I'd outgrow it...so what the hell.

:lmao:

Jokes on them...I NEVER grew up!!!!!

:lmao::killingme

Ooops...

I mean...

:bawl:

:rolleyes:

:larry:

Last edited:

Kerad

The great thing about AC/DC is..how they persevered through Bon's death.

You know most of the "major" rock bands now do 2-to-3-to-4 years in between albums?

AC/DC put out an album a year ...even after their lead singer (and lyricist)
died. (their highest selling to date (Back In Black))

Led Zeppelin never got over the death of their drummer.

(Just saying....)

When I visited Perth, AUS (in 2003)...I got to go to Freemantle to see Bon's grave.

I'm not a religious man...but that was a trip.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Led Zeppelin never got over the death of their drummer.
That was the final straw among several other hardships. I don't think it was so much that they "didn't get over it" as they admitted that what was Zep would not continue without him.

Oh, and I wanted to say...

... when I first noticed your new "subtitle", I thought the "D.D.C." meant "Downtown D.C.", then I realized, "Oh yeah, it's an AC/DC thing..." :lol:

Kerad

Oh, and I wanted to say...

... when I first noticed your new "subtitle", I thought the "D.D.C." meant "Downtown D.C.", then I realized, "Oh yeah, it's an AC/DC thing..." :lol:

:yay:

"Done Dirt Cheap"

That's what's there for tonight, anyways!

:lmao:

:larry:

I love my AC/DC!

Harvick29

I saw AC/DC in Minnesota around 1981 , was the For Those About to Rock Tour. The cannons were way too loud ! But the concert was awesome. I think the warmup band that played before them there was called Fastway. I remember this because of how bad they got booed when the lead singer kept saying how "Indianapolis rocks!!!" He had the wrong city, it was in Minneapolis. Finally the guitar player told the guy that he was saying the wrong city. The fans were real annoyed and never let up on them.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I saw AC/DC in Minnesota around 1981 , was the For Those About to Rock Tour. The cannons were way too loud ! But the concert was awesome. I think the warmup band that played before them there was called Fastway. I remember this because of how bad they got booed when the lead singer kept saying how "Indianapolis rocks!!!" He had the wrong city, it was in Minneapolis. Finally the guitar player told the guy that he was saying the wrong city. The fans were real annoyed and never let up on them.

Spinal Tap moment:lmao:

Cletus_Vandam

I got to see Black Sabbath with Ozzy, Kiss with makeup on, but never AC/DC with Bon Scott :-(

I think I might have gone to this AC/DC show, but I can't remember the exact date. Shoot, for that matter, I'm surprised I can even remember that decade.

Let's see, I went to:

Def Leppard
The Black and Blue Tour
Iron Maiden [a ton of times]-I loved when they brought out the 40 foot tall Eddie
The Who
Boston-Sammy Hager opened for them
Pat Travers
Rush
Sabbath with Ozzy
Sabbath with Ronnie-this might have been the black and blue tour???
Judas Priest-before Rob came out of the closet
Oh yeah and saw Twisted Sister at the Wax Museum.... A new band by the name of Queensryche opened for them. I wonder if those guys made it? They sounded pretty good. :whistle::eek:bviouslykidding: