AC replacement suggestions

jg21

Okay,

After 27 years, it would appear that one of my AC compressors/air handlers is toast. Does anyone have a suggestion on a reliable company that could replace the unit? We'll probably get both units (upstairs and downstairs) replaced at the same time since they're both the same age. Looks like someone is in for a nice payday...

Thanks,
Jim

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hall's HVAC 301.769.4999
George does great work and will bend over backwards to make sure you get the right system for your needs.

smts

Okay,

After 27 years, it would appear that one of my AC compressors/air handlers is toast. Does anyone have a suggestion on a reliable company that could replace the unit? We'll probably get both units (upstairs and downstairs) replaced at the same time since they're both the same age. Looks like someone is in for a nice payday...

Thanks,
Jim

We use Patuxent Heating and Air. The owner Greg is awesome. He comes right out when he says he will, rain, snow or sunshine. Very professional and knowledgable. Had another company years ago who tried to rip us off. He has been our service guy for 5 yrs now and replaced both of my units. Many times, he comes out if we think there is a problem and doesn't even charge us. Great business guy, you won't be sorry

410-414-9038

tipsymcgee

another vote for Hall's HVAC.....chances are you will deal with the owner of the company and he is a straight up guy.

jg21

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I may call each of them for estimates. Boy, wouldn't it be nice if they could get the work done VERY soon, but that may be too much to ask. Good thing it's not been too hot lately...

Jim

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I may call each of them for estimates. Boy, wouldn't it be nice if they could get the work done VERY soon, but that may be too much to ask. Good thing it's not been too hot lately...

Jim
Go with the highest SEER you can afford. MAJOR difference in your electric bill.

Otter

Nothing to see here
We use Patuxent Heating and Air. The owner Greg is awesome. He comes right out when he says he will, rain, snow or sunshine. Very professional and knowledgable. Had another company years ago who tried to rip us off. He has been our service guy for 5 yrs now and replaced both of my units. Many times, he comes out if we think there is a problem and doesn't even charge us. Great business guy, you won't be sorry

410-414-9038

Another vote for Patuxent, the above number or (301) 855-9038.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

jg21

I'll call Olympic too. It appears from their website that Patuxent only deals in Calvert; is that so? We live in Charles. Anyone have any opinions on TriCounty Aire? Leitch is coming out Monday for an estimate and I have a message in to Halls. Thanks for all the info.

Jim

N

navywife1984

I'll call Olympic too. It appears from their website that Patuxent only deals in Calvert; is that so? We live in Charles. Anyone have any opinions on TriCounty Aire? Leitch is coming out Monday for an estimate and I have a message in to Halls. Thanks for all the info.

Jim

We had both of ours replaced recently by J. W. Windsor out of Mechanicsville. They did an awesome job and we here when they said they would be, which means a lot to me in this area. They didn't leave any mess either and were very personable.

jg21

Hall's came out today and gave us an estimate and suggested some improvments in the ductwork through the attic. I liked that. He also told us all about the rebates before we could ask. We'll see what the others say. Thanks everyone.

Jim

smts

Hall's came out today and gave us an estimate and suggested some improvments in the ductwork through the attic. I liked that. He also told us all about the rebates before we could ask. We'll see what the others say. Thanks everyone.

Jim

I think Greg from Patuxent will come that way too. Doesn't hurt to call and ask. He is well worth it. From the first time he came to service us, we have used no other. He replaced our units and very reliable!

vince77

Jim

they are doing my change out later this month....consider how long you're going to be in the house when you make a decision on what you need...it would take 12 years for me to break even with a 16 SEER system (another 2K to get a $300 rebate), I'm hoping to only be here another 3 years, so I opted for a 13 SEER....Wayne Boothe recommended them.

Last edited:

jg21

We decided to go with Olympic Aire. Best product and service at the best price. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jim