Acceptable wait time at the Dr.'s

jaie

So happy!
There is a sign up in my Doctors office that says if you have not been seen with in 15 minutes please let the receptionist know. I have never waited more that 10 mins in the waiting room.

PeoplesElbow

I waited 3 hrs once, was partially on me though. It was a bit of an emergency to see if I needed surgery the next day, receptionist called me and told me to come at the very end of the day, the last appt was scheduled for 4. Well I thought if I got there early I might get called in early so I got there at 3. About 3:30 the receptionist put a DVD in and I saw the entire movie and then waited a bit longer than that before the Dr could see me. We talked about 10 minutes and decided that I did need to have the surgery the next day (he only did it one day a week) and it would not be a good idea to wait a week.

sm8

Not from around these parts, are you?

Actually born and raised my whole life :0) I was just raised different and we never went running to the Dr. for every little thing so between that and the unknown wait times I rarely go to the Dr. Usually just during the pregnancy and I have caught on that my OB shift appointments around up to an hour later so I am getting tired of going there too. My medical kit contains super glue and duct tape and we have used kerosine or diesel fuel as medical quite a few times. I never work on my children (I feel they deserve the best care possible).

popsicle

I actually had my doctor come into the exam start discussing my visit and then abruptly leave. He went to his spa on the other side because his Botox patient had shown up.

The wait time from my arrival to exit was about 2.25 hours.

I don't see this doctor any longer.