Accepting compliments

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:roflmao:

I hate women who respond to a compliment with self-dogging. What I hear is, "Tell me more! Convince me!" It's pathetic.

"How sweet! Thank you."

It's that simple. :shrug:

Radiant1

Soul Probe

I hate women who respond to a compliment with self-dogging. What I hear is, "Tell me more! Convince me!" It's pathetic.

"How sweet! Thank you."

I used to be shy and not very confident so when someone complimented me I would blush and say nothing, or dog myself. I don't know when it happened or why, but now I simply say "Thank you" and appreciate the fact that someone appreciates me. Life is so much easier this way.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I think this issue is common to both sexes.

Since I spend my compliments freely (I have an endless supply of them and love to give them), however a person reacts is okay with me.

But when receiving a compliment, I usually have the same self-dogging and embarrassment issues which others have. Simply saying "thank you" just doesn't seem like it's enough of a response, but false modesty sucks, too. It makes the praise-giver seem like a person who's misjudged me or lied to me, and it takes all the good content out of the compliment. :confused:

pelers

If people compliment something ON me (like my shoes or my blouse) I find it much easier to say "Thank you" than if they compliment something ME.

Being told I look nice or that I'm pretty or anything like that just weirds me out. Especially on days when I feel like I look like poo. Probably just received too many fake compliments in my lifetime.

SoMDGirl42

If people compliment something ON me (like my shoes or my blouse) I find it much easier to say "Thank you" than if they compliment something ME.

Being told I look nice or that I'm pretty or anything like that just weirds me out. Especially on days when I feel like I look like poo. Probably just received too many fake compliments in my lifetime.

I cut my hair off Sunday. I've blushed more in the last 2 days from people noticing my new doo and giving me compliments. It embarrasses me :blushing:

KDENISE977

I cut my hair off Sunday. I've blushed more in the last 2 days from people noticing my new doo and giving me compliments. It embarrasses me :blushing:

Oh yeah, me too, when I got my last hair cut, not a trim an actual cut/style and everyone was noticing and I was like "what???? :cds:" and blushing a lot actually. Esp. with male coworkers were like "what's different" and I'm all "do I really need to answer that"??:cds:

pelers

Yay, I did it! Somebody said my hair looked nice and I totally said "Thank you!" and kept right on with what I had been saying.

:yahoo:

... or was I supposed to compliment them back? :cds:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you

"How sweet! Thank you."

So does that mean you would not call me a 'creepy ass cracka'?