Accident @ the Mounted Wanderer's Show.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Has anyone heard how the little girl that got flown out yesterday is doing. :flowers: I was standing at ring side, right beside the people she was with, when she came running up hurt. Thank goodness for the EMT's being right on the grounds.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
BZHorseMomE said:
Has anyone heard how the little girl that got flown out yesterday is doing. :flowers: I was standing at ring side, right beside the people she was with, when she came running up hurt. Thank goodness for the EMT's being right on the grounds.
how old??? WHO??? how badly???

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I haven't heard anything else about it. I hope she's okay.

I was kind of surprised that they kept the kids on the ponies in the ring, but the ponies were all fantastic with that helio landing/taking off.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Phyxius said:
I haven't heard anything else about it. I hope she's okay.

I was kind of surprised that they kept the kids on the ponies in the ring, but the ponies were all fantastic with that helio landing/taking off.
WHAT PONY??? What color? which class??

BZHorseMomE

happyappygirl said:
how old??? WHO??? how badly???

She looked to be about 10 or 11, but I'm not good with ages. I turned around & she was running up to the ring saying she been bucked off, but she only seemed to be injured around her mouth. It didn't look like she was showing because she was dressed in shorts & shirt.

Phyxius, I'm surprised they didn't stop the classes when they landed & took off. Guess after last month's thunderstorm it didn't bother them much. Wonder if they finished the show before it got DARK?? What a LONG show!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Did you see the pony?? Don't they run the speed classes in what they want to wear?

Oh wait she was outside of the ring when that happened?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
She looked to be about 10 or 11, but I'm not good with ages. I turned around & she was running up to the ring saying she been bucked off, but she only seemed to be injured around her mouth. It didn't look like she was showing because she was dressed in shorts & shirt.

Phyxius, I'm surprised they didn't stop the classes when they landed & took off. Guess after last month's thunderstorm it didn't bother them much. Wonder if they finished the show before it got DARK?? What a LONG show!!
How did you do?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Oh, the story I heard was that she had been kicked by her stepmother's horse. One hoof to the jaw and one to the chest. It's like a game of telephone and the story gets changed. Either way I hope she's okay.

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
How did you do?

Everyone came home with ribbons, but it was much like the 2nd to the last SMHA show where the judge seemed to want to spread the wealth.

The 2nd half of the show was better!! It was double judged due to the last show having to be cancelled half way through. It was funny to see the judge from earlier in the day not place the riders with good Eq. or a nice moving horse. Then the 2nd judge would place riders 1st that didn't even place under the first judge. Now whats wrong with this picture??

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Phyxius said:
Oh, the story I heard was that she had been kicked by her stepmother's horse. One hoof to the jaw and one to the chest. It's like a game of telephone and the story gets changed. Either way I hope she's okay.
must have been bad if she got flown out. and if she had facial blood that makes sense...poor kid. I feel a little better, but will still be making some calls to friends tomorrow to make sure their kiddos are OK.

BZHorseMomE

Phyxius said:

She definately looked like she had been kicked in the mouth. Made me keep my eyes on my little guy alot more yesterday. With a little help from SoMDRocks & her Hubby. Thanks guys. :howdy:

Here are alot of :huggy: :huggy: :flowers: for the little one. Get better fast!! She has been in my thoughts all day.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Loper said:
they are talking about a hurt little girl and you want to know how BZ did... that deserves a :smack:
I was just making small talk until someone told me what happened....geesh! I am going back to the manure bin where you will be nice to me. :lmao: I hope the little girl is okay too. :flowers:

diamond a dayx3

yeah, i'm pretty sure she got kicked in her mouth.. it was pretty nasty. i was standing by the fence talking in warm-up, and i look over at her and she looks like she had an accident with a ketchup bottle.
well, not quite...

mingiz

Horse Poor
I was there and we heard the medics saying that her pony was tied to the trailer and she walked behind it and it kicked. I saw the girl and she had a mark at her chin. She was sitting up and didn't seem to be too bad considering. I guess with it being a kid and a head trauma it's agood thing to fly her out to be on the safe side.Hope all is good for her.