Accident @ the Mounted Wanderer's Show.

Fancy3

I am still trying to find out "exactly" what happend, the kids were supposed to be at the ring watching another barn members class. One said they yelled around him the other said she smacked his butt. This horse is our "lazy" guy. He doesnt do much of anything but babysit our kids in a few leadline and walk classes. I really dont know what to do w/him. This is her horse and now she says she doesnt want to be around the horses anymore, its a little soon so we'll see.
Anyone else ever have this kind of situation w/thier kids or their horse?

Last edited:
W

WhoCares

Fancy3 said:
I am still trying to find out "exactly" what happend, but with kids you never know. One said they yelled around him the other said she smacked his butt. This horse is our "lazy" guy. He doesnt do much of anything but babysit our kids in a few leadline and walk classes. I really dont know what to do w/him. This is her horse and now she says she doesnt want to be around the horses anymore, its a little soon so we'll see.

It could have just been a horsefly buzzing around his tush. He could have kicked to get ride of the fly. I know my guy has been kicking because of the flies. Give her time because the memory is still fresh.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I guess you have to find out EXACTLY what happened without being judgemental with what ever she tells you, and when she's ready to talk about it ~ and she really HAS to talk about it so she resolves the issue within herself and for your peace of mind.

If he picked up his foot to cow kick a fly on his belly at the same moment she bent over...WHAM...that's not the horse's fault.

If that pony actually 2 foot kicked out when tied to the trailer, that's an ISSUE. If that pony kicked her because she swatted him, THAT'S an issue too. No she shouldn't have swatted him, but NO he shouldn't strike a human for any reason, it's disrespectful.

This pony sounds like a laid back dude....hopefully you'll find out it was crappy timing on everyone's part.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Fancy3 said:
I am still trying to find out "exactly" what happend, the kids were supposed to be at the ring watching another barn members class. One said they yelled around him the other said she smacked his butt. This horse is our "lazy" guy. He doesnt do much of anything but babysit our kids in a few leadline and walk classes. I really dont know what to do w/him. This is her horse and now she says she doesnt want to be around the horses anymore, its a little soon so we'll see.

We saw a couple of kids leading and trotting the unsaddled horse back and forth fooling around. Perhaps he got tired of it or he may have had one of the horseflies land on him. Hard lesson learned but kids should not be playing around the trailers, playing with horses who've had a long day. All horses have hooves and teeth no matter how broke they are! Hopefully the horse-bug your daughter has will reappear when she feels better. :flowers:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
HorseLady said:
We saw a couple of kids leading and trotting the unsaddled horse back and forth fooling around. Perhaps he got tired of it or he may have had one of the horseflies land on him. Hard lesson learned but kids should not be playing around the trailers, playing with horses who've had a long day. All horses have hooves and teeth no matter how broke they are! Hopefully the horse-bug your daughter has will reappear when she feels better. :flowers:

Man that's bad... Hope all goes well... :huggy: From the MW shows Ive been at i have been messing around on Amira and i have seen horses kick out that's why i try to stay away from horses tied to there trailers... Just trying to be respectful to others. i try to go away far away from trailers... Glad to here she is O.K... ~Z~ :huggy: