Accompany a hunter?

hooknline

...thats the whole point of this thread, silly. People (including myself) wanted to know if you have to have a license, permit, etc. just to accompany a hunter; sit up in the tree stand, etc., but not carry a firearm and subsequently not be doing any actual shooting.

Maryland Department of Natural Resources and you will get your answer. click hunting and click 2010-2011 hunting regulations in PDF format and download it.

They also have info about a DNR program called "Becoming an outdoors- Woman" to encourage Women to hunt things other than their Husbands/Boyfriends.

You do not need a license to observe, although you are subject to hunter regs as to having proper Identification (drivers License) with you at all times and you must wear blaze orange as specified on page 19 of manual. You can not touch the weapon while hunting at any time or if seen, you will be fined. Have Fun; Don't forget to use hunters soap before you go out on your body and clothes if hunting deer or you will get busted by Bambi. No perfume Woman, LOL.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Maryland Department of Natural Resources and you will get your answer. click hunting and click 2010-2011 hunting regulations in PDF format and download it.

They also have info about a DNR program called "Becoming an outdoors- Woman" to encourage Women to hunt things other than their Husbands/Boyfriends.

You do not need a license to observe, although you are subject to hunter regs as to having proper Identification (drivers License) with you at all times and you must wear blaze orange as specified on page 19 of manual. You can not touch the weapon while hunting at any time or if seen, you will be fined. Have Fun; Don't forget to use hunters soap before you go out on your body and clothes if hunting deer or you will get busted by Bambi. No perfume Woman, LOL.

:yahoo: Cool, thanks for the info! Bf has all that orange vest crap and scent masking crap and just random hunting crap so Im good :lol:

Thanks for the link, too :howdy:

somdshootnet

Didn't realize there was such a license. What's the point of the license? I only ask because I know hunters who take their kids (just to watch, not shoot) and I'm pretty sure they don't have one.

Yeah I was curious about that too. I never heard of such a thing. You don't need a license or any written permission to set with a hunter as an observer, you just can not be in possession of a firearm. If you have paid money for any such thing, I'm sorry to hear that. Regardless, I'd love to see a copy of this document though, it's sounds rather interesting.