Acepromazine?

Guesswho3256

I gave one 10mg tablet to my dog (American Eskimo) on Saturday so I could groom him. Later that night he bit my husband and the next day he bit my sister bad. He is 8 years old and has never hurt anyone before. He's not the friendliest dog, but he just warns, never bites. I've read online that in very rare occasions, Ace may cause aggression. Does anyone know how long that will last? It was 30 hours from the pill to my sister's bite. I called my vet and he said "it should be out of his system by now and give him water.".

Thanks for the help.

I

Inkpen

I gave one 10mg tablet to my dog (American Eskimo) on Saturday so I could groom him. Later that night he bit my husband and the next day he bit my sister bad. He is 8 years old and has never hurt anyone before. He's not the friendliest dog, but he just warns, never bites. I've read online that in very rare occasions, Ace may cause aggression. Does anyone know how long that will last? It was 30 hours from the pill to my sister's bite. I called my vet and he said "it should be out of his system by now and give him water.".

Thanks for the help.

Sounds right to me.....a reaction to the drug.
Lots of water will flush his system and help liver metabolize the ace.

Nanny Pam

Thanks for the help.

I took 30 mgs to get to sleep one night. The next day, my husband told me I bit him in my sleep. It took about 24 hours to completely leave my system.

Guesswho3256

lol Nanny Pam.

Thanks Inkpen. He hasn't had any food or water since I gave him the pill. It's always available, he just hasn't wanted it. He growled at my Lab this morning, but didn't go after her. So hopefully it's wearing off.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

Thanks for the help.

Wow, you're lucky your husband isn't like mine. The dog wouldn't have lived long enough after biting him to bite my sister too. You might want to consider a muzzle before his next grooming, if he mauls someone else you might get your shorts sued right off.

Guesswho3256

My husband got a warning and he messed with him anyway. My sister accidentally stepped on his tail and got no warning. I had him in a separate room while my whole family was over to avoid getting sued. My sister promised she wouldn't.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I haven't used Ace in years...it can be extremely toxic to Boxers.

He may have had a reaction but sometimes more elderly dogs that never were biters can get cranky and bite. They have more aches and pains and have no way of telling us.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My husband got a warning and he messed with him anyway. My sister accidentally stepped on his tail and got no warning. I had him in a separate room while my whole family was over to avoid getting sued. My sister promised she wouldn't.

How bad is "sister got bit bad"?

This dog should get a lead injection.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

I used to give my dogs ace to travel with. They might get grummpy while they were grooggy but I never remember them being that way a day later.

How bad is "sister got bit bad"?

This dog should get a lead injection.

Oh hell bob that pit bull pomerianan you have bit my azz:doh:

Guesswho3256

I'm hoping it's a reaction and not that he's getting old and cranky. I'm hoping for babies soon and I can't have babies around a mean dog. If I have to give him up, no one will want him :(

He latched on to the back of her knee and punctured 4 times. It was black and blue and bleeding. So not THAT bad, but bad enough to require peroxide and bandaids.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I'm hoping it's a reaction and not that he's getting old and cranky. I'm hoping for babies soon and I can't have babies around a mean dog. If I have to give him up, no one will want him :(

He latched on to the back of her knee and punctured 4 times. It was black and blue and bleeding. So not THAT bad, but bad enough to require peroxide and bandaids.

sounds like you have a problem and you know what is gona fix it. Sorry to say that but when they bite thier master then no one is safe.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I'm supposed to give one of my Rotties Ace to take him to the vet, but they even told me it might work the opposite...., once I give it to him and he's mellow as soon as the vet goes to work on him, he's wide awake and ready to ......

Guesswho3256

I don't consider my husband the master. I am. :wench: My hubby has only been around for 2 years. AND he provoked him while he was grumpy. He has never bitten me.

verucasalt

hi! I have had 3 eskies in my lifetime, and with my very first eskie I did notice the ace would make him a little grumpy. If he's a nice boy other times ( not on meds) I am sure it's a reaction. I would say keep him in a separate room away from family members, children, and maybe even loud noises; give lots of water and just some time to come back to normal. i wish you the best!!!