Acne?

PackMom

Ok, heres the scoop, I'm 21, have always had acne, since my period, food doesnt trigger it. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal?

craberta

I am 43 and still break out like a teen. I don't as much though, because I use anti acne face cream, drink alot of water and steam at least twice a week. I also found that taking a vitamin helps, I guess it boosts the imune system, and my friend told me to never touch my face unless I have washed my hands, she swears there is a certain bacteria that causes acne. I also use products that have alpha hydroxy to keep exfoliation going, it helps keep pores clean.

M

Mousebaby

I have heard a lot of people talking about that Proactive stuff. It supposedly works miracles! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ok, heres the scoop, I'm 21, have always had acne, since my period, food doesnt trigger it. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal?

GOOD BEAUTY PRODUCTS.

Don't use the cheap ####. I've never had acne, but I swear by philosophy's Purity Made Simple - it's the best, and frankly ALL philosophy products are excellent for skin sins. I have pores the size of dinner plates because I smoke, but I love Oxy Cleansing Pads in the black jar because it straightens those bad boys right out.

MAKEUP:

Spend some money and get yourself the Bare Minerals set. I swear to you you'll never go back.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Not using face makeup worked for me when I was younger and troubled with acne. When I realized and finally gave up all the foundation and powder my acne disappeared. Now I only use it occasionally and rarely have problems outside of pregnancy when my face was a minefield!

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
GOOD BEAUTY PRODUCTS.

Don't use the cheap ####. I've never had acne, but I swear by philosophy's Purity Made Simple - it's the best, and frankly ALL philosophy products are excellent for skin sins. I have pores the size of <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=dinner%20plates" onmouseover="window.status='dinner plates'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dinner plates</a> because I smoke, but I love Oxy Cleansing Pads in the black jar because it straightens those bad boys right out.

MAKEUP:

Spend some money and get yourself the Bare Minerals set. I swear to you you'll never go back.

:yeahthat:

My face was a pain until I switched from cheap makeup to the bare minerals.. You can go to bed with that makeup on and not wake up with a minefield. My face is clear for the most part now.

Proactive is also awesome.. it's a bit harsh so watch for drying skin and redness, but I'd reccomend that to anyone

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Chiming in on the Bare Minerals. Before I started using it, I'd get the occasional outbreak. I can't think of a time I've had a break out since I started using it. My complexion has improved.

Fey

i use acne free. it's the same stuff as proactive but you can get it at the drug store for less money.

qbee

Bare Minerals is a great way to hide acne and look flawless at the same time. I also forget to take it off before bed and I have never had a problem unlike the typical foundations.

Use St. Ives apricot scrub to open up your pours and clean twice a day with astringent (sp?)

Chiming in on the Bare Minerals. Before I started using it, I'd get the occasional outbreak. I can't think of a time I've had a break out since I started using it. My complexion has improved.

:yeahthat: Since switching to Bare Minerals, my complexion is the clearest it's ever been in my entire life.

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
They are in the phone book. Give them a call and explain that you are interested in an introduction to the Bare Minerals foundation. They will hook you up.

I thought everyone was talking about the Bare Minerals that you see advertised on TV. Is it the same product? How much is it?

beachbunny

SoMd Realtor
Thanks, Elaine.

$25 isn't bad at all. I'll have to treat myself and swing by and try it out. Do you use anything other than the foundation? What should I try out as well?

Thanks again!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Thanks, Elaine.

$25 isn't bad at all. I'll have to treat myself and swing by and try it out. Do you use anything other than the foundation? What should I try out as well?

Thanks again!

YW. I use the blush, too. I tried the eye shadow, but it was pretty messy. It's well worth the money. One little jar lasts a couple o' months.