Acne

sockgirl77

I'm 35 and going through a bout of acne. My skin has been oily for the past week. I know it's probably all hormone related. Does anyone have any suggestions for inexpensive remedies? I was my face every morning and night with this now...

Attachments

• Neutrogena-oil-free-acne-wash-foaming-scrub-pink-grapefruit.jpg
    Neutrogena-oil-free-acne-wash-foaming-scrub-pink-grapefruit.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 130

sockgirl77

At a salon? I'm not sure. My friend, who is a licensed esthetician, has always done mine. She works out of her home in Hollywood. If you want her information, let me know.

Sure. Please PM it to me. But if it's expensive I cannot do it. I know that Hair It Is does microdermabrasion and they start out at $85.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Thank you. I'll make a trip to check them out tonight!

If nothing else, buy the spot treatment. As soon as I feel one coming on, I blast it with the spot treatment. Takes the redness out almost immediately, so a dab of concealer makes it disappear. Shrinks it and after 2 days it's gone without ever being more than a bump.

This stuff is the poo. :yay: I haven't had any breakouts since I started using it 6 months ago. :yay: I got it at Bath and Body Works. :yay:

1671_Vitamin_Boost_Gel-Cleanser_Lo_Res.jpg :yay:

:yay: :yay:

sockgirl77

If nothing else, buy the spot treatment. As soon as I feel one coming on, I blast it with the spot treatment. Takes the redness out almost immediately, so a dab of concealer makes it disappear. Shrinks it and after 2 days it's gone without ever being more than a bump.

I have a bunch of tiny ones on my forehead, one of those little effers that hurt under my nose, and a few on my chin. They're all tiny. My skin just feels yucky. I've never gone thru this. :frown:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have a bunch of tiny ones on my forehead, one of those little effers that hurt under my nose, and a few on my chin. They're all tiny. My skin just feels yucky. I've never gone thru this. :frown:

Yep, I never had zits either. All of sudden it's like I'm hitting puberty. :lmao: I've been using the Burt's Bees products and now tend to only get one major zit a month.

sockgirl77

Yep, I never had zits either. All of sudden it's like I'm hitting puberty. :lmao: I've been using the Burt's Bees products and now tend to only get one major zit a month.

My mother swears it's the hormones. Doc put me back on the pill a few months ago to regulate this. :tantrum

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

If I remember correctly, aren't you planning a wedding? Maybe the added stress is causing the issues with your skin?

I use Noxzema under my make-up and wash every morning and night with Cetaphil cleanser.

Attachments

• product_gentleskincleanser.png
    product_gentleskincleanser.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 69

sockgirl77

If I remember correctly, aren't you planning a wedding? Maybe the added stress is causing the issues with your skin?

I use Noxzema under my make-up and wash every morning and night with Cetaphil cleanser.

I cancelled the wedding. However, I have 3 kids so my stress level is always high.

sockgirl77

Take a look at what you're eating. If it is mainly junk and processed foods, this will be a culprit of bad skin.

If you eat healthy, natural food, your skin will look much better.

I don't eat alot of fatty or greasy foods anymore. But, I have been eating alot of chinese food lately. I've had chicken with brocolli twice a week for 2 months now.

sockgirl77

When is the :baby: due?

I'm fixed and on the pill so I'm quite certain that's not the issue. The issue is convenience. I need to start making myself salads and bringing them in instead of ordering takeout. I order a $5 lunch special that lasts me 2 days.