Acting Secret Service director tells Senate Trump shooting was 'a failure of the Secret Service'

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Secret Service ran into bandwidth issues on day of rally, acting director says

Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe, Jr. admitted to the Senate on Tuesday that the assassination attempt against former President Trump was "a failure of the Secret Service," and not local law enforcement.

Rowe's admission was the most direct assignment of guilt by the Secret Service and investigators since the July 13 shooting. The acting director appeared before the Senate Judiciary and Homeland Security committees on Tuesday alongside FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate.

Rowe detailed the failure of a drone detection system that was supposed to be online before shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks conducted his own reconnaissance the day of the rally.

Investigators say the drone system was reliant on public cellphone service and that there were bandwidth issues, causing the system to only go online at 5:20 pm. instead of 3 p.m.

"Why is the Secret Service dependent upon local a cellular network? Does the Secret Service have a backup plan in place?" asked Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa.

yeah. WHY?

There are Drone systems out there that work well from $1k to $$$Thousands for sale.

WTF does your drone require Cell Service?

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't want to hear bullshit about their "drone". People on the ground saw the shooter clearly and shouted warnings while the professional watchers whose job it is to see these things ignored it.

The more they lie the more I'm convinced it was a coordinated attempt to assassinate Trump.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Hawley gets into shouting match with acting Secret Service director

Acting Director Ronald Rowe Jr. got into a heated exchange with Sen. Josh Hawley when the Missouri Republican demanded to know why more Secret Service personnel haven't been fired.

Hawley appeared incredulous when Rowe indicated that the people who made decisions about the security perimeter at former President Trump's Pennsylvania rally and others involved with the communications breakdown had not yet lost their jobs.

"What more do you need to investigate?" Hawley demanded.

Rowe protested that Hawley was asking him to make a "rush to judgement" without thorough investigation of what happened.

"I will not rush to judgement. People will be held accountable," Rowe said.

But Hawley countered, "Is it not prima fascia that somebody has failed? The former president was shot.”

"Sir, this could have been our Texas School Book Depository," Rowe said. "I have lost sleep over that for the last 17 days, just like you have.”

"Then fire somebody," Hawley insisted.

black dog

Free America

Acting Director Ronald Rowe Jr. got into a heated exchange with Sen. Josh Hawley when the Missouri Republican demanded to know why more Secret Service personnel haven't been fired.

Hawley appeared incredulous when Rowe indicated that the people who made decisions about the security perimeter at former President Trump's Pennsylvania rally and others involved with the communications breakdown had not yet lost their jobs.

Rowe protested that Hawley was asking him to make a "rush to judgement" without thorough investigation of what happened.

But Hawley countered, "Is it not prima fascia that somebody has failed? The former president was shot.”

"Sir, this could have been our Texas School Book Depository," Rowe said. "I have lost sleep over that for the last 17 days, just like you have.”

God damn right, now it needs to get a bit physical on the floor once in awhile.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I used to think Obama was some great leader planning all this evil crap, no he is just incompetent

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to think Obama was some great leader planning all this evil crap, no he is just incompetent

I make this face :rolleyes: when people say dumbass Obama is some political mastermind. He's a puppet, plucked from obscurity because he fit the suit. Masterminds, as a general rule, don't seek publicity. They stay in the shadows and manipulate the publicity seekers.

Tech

1. Was there someone assigned to the roof? Did he desert his post?
2. The local swat team saw something and said something which was "Not my job". Did not send someone to talk to the shooter.
3. Agent in charge did not ensure that post were manned or failed to have them manned.

Many years ago my brother was helping the SS secure an area for a presidential visit to a local home. When he mentioned a fire hydrant that would be 25 feet from the president, the agent said why? it's full of water. After explaining the construction of the hydrant to the agent, the agent paled realizing all the times they were overlooked.

Hijinx

Well certainly all of the failures cannot be blamed on bandwidth.
90 minutes before they knew this kid was in the neighborhood, they had seen him with a range finder.
His parents had called. Trump should not have been on that stand. Someone should have been on that roof, and on that water tower.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Trump assassination attempt: Iran threat prompts questions about gunman's uncracked encryption

Thomas Matthew Crooks' encrypted communications remain inaccessible to FBI investigators

HARRISBURG, Pa. – The FBI investigation into the failed July 13 assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump has revived the argument over whether Big Tech firms should provide law enforcement with a backdoor method to break their own "unbreakable" encryption.

Weeks before the attempt on Trump’s life, the Secret Service received intelligence warning of an Iranian plot to kill the former president, according to federal law enforcement officials. But while experts are skeptical of any connection between the 20-year-old would-be assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks and Iran, they haven't been able to access some of his communications 18 days later.

So it remains unclear who he was talking to, if anyone, and what topics would have been discussed.

BOP

Secret Service ran into bandwidth issues on day of rally, acting director says

Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe, Jr. admitted to the Senate on Tuesday that the assassination attempt against former President Trump was "a failure of the Secret Service," and not local law enforcement.

Rowe's admission was the most direct assignment of guilt by the Secret Service and investigators since the July 13 shooting. The acting director appeared before the Senate Judiciary and Homeland Security committees on Tuesday alongside FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate.

Rowe detailed the failure of a drone detection system that was supposed to be online before shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks conducted his own reconnaissance the day of the rally.

Investigators say the drone system was reliant on public cellphone service and that there were bandwidth issues, causing the system to only go online at 5:20 pm. instead of 3 p.m.

"Why is the Secret Service dependent upon local a cellular network? Does the Secret Service have a backup plan in place?" asked Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa.

yeah. WHY?

There are Drone systems out there that work well from $1k to $$$Thousands for sale.

WTF does your drone require Cell Service?
Have the "Can You See Me Now" memes started?

BOP

Cruz asked the exact question I wanted to know.
"How many agents were assigned to the first whore in Pa at the same time".
Big shock............. "I don't know".

I also want to know....... who's coke was it in the WH.
:mad:
Apparently it belonged to the Secret Service.

Not sure whether Hunter got his from the SS, or they got it from him. I'm betting the latter.

BOP

Rarely are demonrats held accountable, much less fired.

Even then, they're only "fired" from that position, and moved laterally to another, similar position, with the same pay grade (or higher). Saw it several times in my 20+ years in the Gov't.