Acting Secret Service director tells Senate Trump shooting was 'a failure of the Secret Service'

BOP

I used to think Obama was some great leader planning all this evil crap, no he is just incompetent
He's suave and debonair; well-spoken, and makes Chrissy Matthews tingle. Or something.

Plus, Snuffy Joe loves him, which makes Obama useful.

I think he's smart enough. I also think he's in on the planning as far as inputs to rough outlines go. But the high-level intricacies, not so much.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Secret Service Whistleblower: Management Took His Phone and Wiped All Texts/Emails Related to January 6

In July 2022, the Department of Homeland Security’s watchdog opened a criminal investigation into the Secret Service’s ‘deletion’ of January 6 text messages.

The Secret Service told the January 6 Committee that it has no new text messages related to the Capitol protest after it turned over documents and data.

The watchdog claimed the Secret Service deleted the text messages after an oversight panel probing the agency’s response to January 6 requested the electronic communications.

The Secret Service denied the accusations and said all of the requested text messages had been saved.

Earlier this year Rep. Thomas Massie suggested the deletion of texts between February 2021 to April 2021 rose to the level of criminal obstruction of Congress since lawmakers sent the DHS preservation notices to all agencies before the “device migration.”

A Secret Service whistleblower told RealClearPolitics reporter Susan Crabtree that SS management under then-director Cheatle asked for his phone a few months after January 6 while the DHS IG was investigating the Secret Service’s handling of January 6.

The whistleblower said all of his texts and emails related to January 6 were wiped from his phone.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The whistleblower said all of his texts and emails related to January 6 were wiped from his phone.
Ok, so that may stop the whistleblower from directly repeating info, but all of those texts and emails are still on multiple servers and backed up regularly. All that info is still out there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ok, so that may stop the whistleblower from directly repeating info, but all of those texts and emails are still on multiple servers and backed up regularly. All that info is still out there.

I doubt it ....

I have seen reports of ' Upgrades ' being done with NO Back up, and :sshrug: Whoops the data was corrupted

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So clearly there was a government plot to assassinate Trump. What do the Republicans plan on doing about it besides hold endless hearing and wag their collective finger?

SamSpade

So clearly there was a government plot to assassinate Trump. What do the Republicans plan on doing about it besides hold endless hearing and wag their collective finger?
We're still debating Kennedy. Nothing is going to happen. But it is beginning to look more and more that somewhere along the line, the persons in charge of defending Trump - either some or all - decided or were told to let the guy get in unmolested and not to interfere.

Just like it's hard to believe an old senile man won an election without ever leaving his house and campaigning solely on "I'm not Trump" - it's hard to believe that while a local gang leader is hard to kill even with a direct assault, American's finest managed to let a 20 year old KID slip in with a rifle, drone and ranging scope when everyone else in the crowd had to be patted down.

It really can't be a fluke - it is either EXTREME idiocy, in which case DOZENS should lose their jobs and possibly be tried in court for criminal negligence - or it was willful collusion. I mean, I bet Taylor Swift has better secuirty.

TPD

the poor dad
Concerning the bandwidth/cell service - anytime I have gone to a Trump rally, I can not send or receive messages or access the internet. I tried uploading a "short" to my youtube account at last weeks rally, and it was hours after the rally before it finally finished. It's just too many people in one location for the system to handle. Secret Service knows this and should have their own communication system in place. Isn't that what all the people at Pax and Webster work on every damn day?

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's being reported that the lead agent for the Butler operation was a women. My guess is the agent that had problems holstering her weapon.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's being reported that the lead agent for the Butler operation was a women. My guess is the agent that had problems holstering her weapon.

I saw a report most or all of the personal present were DHS fill ins, the SS Agents were elsewhere

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
According to a map provided to Sen. Chuck Grassley’s (R-OH) office, local police snipers from the Beaver County Emergency Services Unit, who were assisting the Secret Service that day, were not assigned to cover the rooftop. The map has lines that show the area of their alleged responsibilities, which exclude the rooftop.

In a letter to Rowe, Grassley requested more information about whether or not the Secret Service indeed had assigned local law enforcement to cover the rooftop. He also requested more information on a site briefing that local law enforcement claimed never happened that day, but that Rowe claimed did happen.

Grassley asked Rowe in the letter the following:

1. Please provide a site diagram making clear where all local and federal law enforcement counter snipers were positioned and their assigned coverage areas, along with the shooter’s positions throughout the day.
  2. Do the photographs and diagrams referenced above conflict with Secret Service records regarding how local snipers were supposed to be positioned and how the AGR building was supposed to be covered? Please explain and provide all records.
  3. Describe, in detail, how the Beaver County and Butler County counter sniper teams were assigned to their positions on the second floor of the AGR complex and their respective coverage areas. Did the Secret Service assign or approve the location of the counter snipers in the AGR complex? If so, when, who and how was the instruction given?
  4. Do any Secret Service records indicate that the local counter snipers were supposed to be located inside, and not outside, the AGR building? Provide all records.
  5. Regarding your testimony, who told Secret Service that the building “was going to be covered”? Who took part in the “face to face” meeting that you referenced?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Caught Sleeping on the Job? Trump's Secret Service Detail Is an Absolute Disaster

To make matters worse, RealClearPolitics’ Susan Crabtree has a story about the internal issues within Trump’s Secret Service detail. It's a lengthy article, but this 60-person team has devolved into a den of reported unprofessionalism and dysfunction. Agents were reportedly caught sleeping on the job at Mar-a-Lago. One member of the team was lost to suicide. The atmosphere could be described as toxic (via RCP):

Trump’s regular detail team, a force of 60 employees – special agents and support staff – has been beset by internal division, long workdays and weeks, and constant stress. Last year, the team lost one of its members to suicide.
Among the allegations are accusations of improper sexual relationships or fraternization within the team, debilitating mental health issues, non-merit-based promotions, conflict of interest issues, unfair retaliation and the creation of inappropriate memes and social media posts.
On May 15, the top two leaders of Trump’s detail sternly dressed down the entire 60-member staff in a virtual meeting, announcing formal investigations into what they argued were serious misconduct violations, several sources in the Secret Service with direct knowledge of the online meeting tell RealClearPolitics.
Sean Curran, the detail leader and top boss of Trump’s regular 60-member protective team, and his deputy, Matthew Piant, complained of “rumors, innuendo and toxicity” among the detail, as well as “selfishness and immaturity.”
They reminded all employees that they had worked to mentor and train them, and, up to this point, had refrained from referring agents and support employees for discipline even though there had been violations that they could have reported to agency headquarters for investigation.
Curran and Piant complained that they were not getting the same treatment in response from the team. Over the last year, the two leaders have been the target of formal complaints, and some members on the team viewed the all-hands lecture as an effort to turn the tables and retaliate on those complaining about their leadership.
Piant spoke first, accusing someone on the detail of stealing from another. But he quickly shifted to harshly condemning an incident in which a teammate took cellphone photos of two members of the support staff sleeping in a command post while guarding Mar-a-Lago and circulated those to others on the detail.