Adult Amateur question

Duckz

How do I go about getting my amateur card? Do I have to join USEF or can I get a card without a membership?

Duckz

Yeah, and you have to pay every year. Such a rip-off.......IMO.

How much is it? Can I apply for USEF membership online? Not going to do it this year, but I want to do the adult ammy stuff next year. Does USEF go by calendar year or is it like MHSA where membership is up in Nov?

Sorry Sparks, looks like you're my adult amateur expert :buddies:

Sparks

How much is it? Can I apply for USEF membership online? Not going to do it this year, but I want to do the adult ammy stuff next year. Does USEF go by calendar year or is it like MHSA where membership is up in Nov?

Sorry Sparks, looks like you're my adult amateur expert :buddies:

Jeez - poor you :lmao: Actually, I haven't shown the AAs for about 10 yrs but way back in the olden days, it was something like $45.00 a year. I'm sure it's got to be more now. You have to have the card to show in the Adults.

United States Equestrian Federation, Inc

Duckz

Jeez - poor you :lmao: Actually, I haven't shown the AAs for about 10 yrs but way back in the olden days, it was something like $45.00 a year. I'm sure it's got to be more now. You have to have the card to show in the Adults.

United States Equestrian Federation, Inc

Okay smarty-pants...help me figure this one out...

You have to register with a breed/discipline. Okay fine, I register with Hunter/Jumper, but then I see this:

*Members of the USEA may participate in the Hunter/Jumper and Dressage Divisions of the Federation, provided the Eventing Breed/Discipline dues have been paid.

Soooo, does that mean if I register for Eventing, I'm also set for Hunter/Jumper and Dressage and I only have to pay dues for eventing? There has to be a catch...

Haha, maybe I need to take this to CoTH forums...:whistle:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Okay smarty-pants...help me figure this one out...

You have to register with a breed/discipline. Okay fine, I register with Hunter/Jumper, but then I see this:

*Members of the USEA may participate in the Hunter/Jumper and Dressage Divisions of the Federation, provided the Eventing Breed/Discipline dues have been paid.

Soooo, does that mean if I register for Eventing, I'm also set for Hunter/Jumper and Dressage and I only have to pay dues for eventing? There has to be a catch...

Haha, maybe I need to take this to CoTH forums...:whistle:

Haha, yes you are better off paying the disp fee for eventing. :)

Duckz

See, clear as mud :lmao:

:lmao: Gee thanks... well as Devine pointed out, I'd also have to be a member of the USEA (which is says, but I glossed over the first time reading it), so it's not really worth it for me. Oh well.

On the plus side, USEF membership is way cheaper than I expected. Looks like Lincoln and I can afford the adult amateur medals next year :yahoo:

IntegritysDream

ask michele about all this, she will give you full details on it.

If you do reconized dressage shows/events for points, then you have to be a member of USEF and USDF, i think.. and if you do the hunters then im not sure. I only know about the reconized dressage stuff cause i was going to do the reconized dressage show at oak ridge, and michele told me i had to be a member of both USDF and USEF to do it.

Duckz

ask michele about all this, she will give you full details on it.

If you do reconized dressage shows/events for points, then you have to be a member of USEF and USDF, i think.. and if you do the hunters then im not sure. I only know about the reconized dressage stuff cause i was going to do the reconized dressage show at oak ridge, and michele told me i had to be a member of both USDF and USEF to do it.

I don't think Mr. Fathead will be doing recognized dressage shows anytime soon :lmao: Maybe some unrecognized eventing, but that's about it!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Thanks! :buddies:

Unfortunately I don't have Catherine to make me drop my stirrups for an hour straight...hard to work up the motivation for that kind of thing anymore :whistle:

Go see you know who, she will crack that whip. Just hadd my lesson tonight...ouchie always the next day.

Sparks

Thanks! :buddies:

Unfortunately I don't have Catherine to make me drop my stirrups for an hour straight...hard to work up the motivation for that kind of thing anymore :whistle:

Oh wow. I don't think my lazy butt has ridden without stirrups in a VERY long time. Perhaps your old team coach can help you.