Advertising

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most of you already know this, but let me reiterate for those who don't:

Please do not advertise your animals or business on the forums. Use the classifieds instead. If you put an ad in the classifieds, it's perfectly okay to then post in here and link to your ad.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Most of you already know this, but let me reiterate for those who don't:

Please do not advertise your animals or business on the forums. Use the classifieds instead. If you put an ad in the classifieds, it's perfectly okay to then post in here and link to your ad.

Thank you for your cooperation.

:buddies:just networking...:lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
What if someone asks a question? Can we only answer via PM if we don't have somd.com classifieds?

That's kind of the majority of the conversations here...boarding, training, lessons, shows, etc. Horses are a business.

Not arguing, I just don't want to step on toes. :poke:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
What if someone asks a question? Can we only answer via PM if we don't have somd.com classifieds?

That's kind of the majority of the conversations here...boarding, training, lessons, shows, etc. Horses are a business.

Not arguing, I just don't want to step on toes. :poke:

Why don't you have the classifieds? Everyone has them.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
:) I don't mean that they aren't accessible, just that what if someone hasn't posted a classified ad for their lesson barn. Are they then not allowed to answer a post asking about lessons and refer to their own barn?

For example, someone asked me about photographing something. I answered. I do not have a classified ad. Is that okay? Or is that me advertising? I have no problem just responding "PM sent", but it is easier and doesn't clog the inbox to post in the forum. So, if repsonding is fine, great! If not, oops and I will know not to do so again. I don't want to blatantly disregard rules, but that one is a bit gray in this instance.

:buddies:

:) I don't mean that they aren't accessible, just that what if someone hasn't posted a classified ad for their lesson barn. Are they then not allowed to answer a post asking about lessons and refer to their own barn?

For example, someone asked me about photographing something. I answered. I do not have a classified ad. Is that okay? Or is that me advertising? I have no problem just responding "PM sent", but it is easier and doesn't clog the inbox to post in the forum. So, if repsonding is fine, great! If not, oops and I will know not to do so again. I don't want to blatantly disregard rules, but that one is a bit gray in this instance.

:buddies:

I do believe Vrai has said repeatedly that you can post a link to your ad and discuss you add all you want. What she's not allowing is someone to bypass the classifieds system and turn this into a "classifieds" forum.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I do believe Vrai has said repeatedly that you can post a link to your ad and discuss you add all you want. What she's not allowing is someone to bypass the classifieds system and turn this into a "classifieds" forum.

Vrai :dead: and leave you boss :bubble:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

I know. But what I'm asking is if she considers people answering a question regarding a service/product advertising. So, in my example with the thread involving myself; should I not have answered publically without first posting a classified ad?

I'd never start my own thread about my photography, a horse for sale, a stud fee, etc. But, if someone posted a thread asking me, I'd tell them (as I did the other day). I just want to make sure that is OK before I continue to do so.

I know. But what I'm asking is if she considers people answering a question regarding a service/product advertising. So, in my example with the thread involving myself; should I not have answered publically without first posting a classified ad?

I'd never start my own thread about my photography, a horse for sale, a stud fee, etc. But, if someone posted a thread asking me, I'd tell them (as I did the other day). I just want to make sure that is OK before I continue to do so.

She tends to delete offending posts. Did she delete your posts?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So what you are saying is.. I can't advertise my 4 year old Appoloosa(sp?), that I want $9,000 for in here, that I should by a classified ad first, then provide a link in here for the horse I'm selling for $9000 OBO??

But would it be ok to post my number in here like this.. (301)867-5309, so they can ask me about the classified ad??

Is that what you are sayin??

Just trying to get my facts straight..

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
So what you are saying is.. I can't advertise my 4 year old Appoloosa(sp?), that I want $9,000 for in here, that I should by a classified ad first, then provide a link in here for the horse I'm selling for $9000 OBO??

Is that what you are sayin??

Just trying to get my facts straight..

No phone number :bubble: