African Robotics Team Reported Missing

glhs837

Power with Control
Go away. Forgive my not trusting none from those countries at moment.

Sure, so they can turn on us later

See, I really am more of an optimist. I would say that the sort of intelligence and optimism required to even consider robotics as a field when you live in Burundi is exactly the sort of immigrant I want. that sort of blind mistrust of entire countries is exactly what we should fight against and focus on looking at individuals.

See, I really am more of an optimist. I would say that the sort of intelligence and optimism required to even consider robotics as a field when you live in Burundi is exactly the sort of immigrant I want. that sort of blind mistrust of entire countries is exactly what we should fight against and focus on looking at individuals.

You could say the same thing about the creativeness of terrorists using phone tech, shoe bombs, plastics chemistry and IEDs.

However, given the circumstances and timing, I suspect they will be seeking asylum, and if that's the case, I'd be ok with that.

glhs837

Power with Control
That will get you killed.

Maybe you missed the "Vet the crap out of them" part of that? Optimism doesn't always mean blind optimism. I'm optimistic that when I ride my motorcycle, I'll make it to my destination, but only because I have expended great effort into making damn sure that my machine and skills are as sharp as I can make them.

PJay

Maybe you missed the "Vet the crap out of them" part of that? Optimism doesn't always mean blind optimism. I'm optimistic that when I ride my motorcycle, I'll make it to my destination, but only because I have expended great effort into making damn sure that my machine and skills are as sharp as I can make them.

Nope. Who's doing the vetting? That's worked real well in the past.

My feeling is we have let enough in to last a long time and most I want sent back. We need to get our house in order.

Bless your hearts for wanting to let all the world in. I want our borders closed.

All I have to say.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well...wait a minute..

How are these third world #### holes supposed to climb into the modern age if we keep taking their best and brightest? Of course, they take their best and brightest and beat them down, not allowing them to solve the country's problems, but that's beside the point.

I think a bigger issue is that these are minors. Where will they live? Who will support them? Do they have family back home who wants them back?

But that's presuming they are asylum seekers. I still think they're baby terrorists, specifically raised for this sort of mission. See, we impatient Americans want stuff to happen rightnow. Other cultures are way more patient and will take a generation to put a plan in place to achieve a specific goal. Six teenagers don't just walk off by themselves in a foreign country. If they aren't found soon, that means they have accomplices who are hiding them.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that because it would put an enormous burden on future international gatherings in this country.

PJay

Well...wait a minute..

How are these third world #### holes supposed to climb into the modern age if we keep taking their best and brightest? Of course, they take their best and brightest and beat them down, not allowing them to solve the country's problems, but that's beside the point.

I think a bigger issue is that these are minors. Where will they live? Who will support them? Do they have family back home who wants them back?

But that's presuming they are asylum seekers. I still think they're baby terrorists, specifically raised for this sort of mission. See, we impatient Americans want stuff to happen rightnow. Other cultures are way more patient and will take a generation to put a plan in place to achieve a specific goal. Six teenagers don't just walk off by themselves in a foreign country. If they aren't found soon, that means they have accomplices who are hiding them.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that because it would put an enormous burden on future international gatherings in this country.

Yep. Exactly right.

Canadian border patrol:
Eh... isn't that the missing robotics kids?
Sure looks like them, eh?
Should we tell someone?
They're just fun loving kids out for a good time. No need to get excited, eh?
Ok. Want another Molson?

black dog

Free America
However, given the circumstances and timing, I suspect they will be seeking asylum, and if that's the case, I'd be ok with that.

Asylum for what reason? Persecution from being allowed to travel here?
They need to come here the right way.. Fill your papers out and wait.....
I would tend to think that with being involved with robotics they come from family's with means.
They need to be Swiftly found and shipped back to Africa.

PJay

Hang them along and their family here. Example made.

They've already shown they will not follow rules.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Asylum for what reason? Persecution from being allowed to travel here?

well until more details we don't know, but as on pointed out, a couple have Christian Surnames ... that could be a problem in a Muslim country

also Burundi has had a bit of Civil unrest lately ... border crossing criminals robbing people at gun point