Ah, the creeping up of Atlantic Broadband fees begins...

hitchicken

My ABB bill went up as well. I was able to mitigate the increase by swapping out my rented modem ($8/month) for a refurbished unit I purchased 2 weeks ago. Swapping was easy once I was able to get a ABB tech on the line (which was difficult). My monthly costs are now $64 for ABB, $8 Netfiix (single stream, SD only) and $10 for Amazon Prime. OTA is now free of course.

SamSpade

Look at OTA. I get 45 channels on my worst day to 73 on my better days. Many are HD.

But - where are you? I haven't been able to find a single spot in St Mary's County below say, Mechanicsville where an antenna does me any good.
Is there some trick to using an antenna? Like - a 100 foot high one? I have a friend who DOES have one like that - albeit an old one - and he still
just pulls in a few channels.

hitchicken

But - where are you? I haven't been able to find a single spot in St Mary's County below say, Mechanicsville where an antenna does me any good.
Is there some trick to using an antenna? Like - a 100 foot high one? I have a friend who DOES have one like that - albeit an old one - and he still
just pulls in a few channels.

Town Creek. Antenna mast is about 30' high, just a few feet above my roof line. There are a few tall trees in the way. The trick (if there is one) is the 'fringe' antenna. It's over 12' long. Yeah... When I rotate it, the earth moves.
In combo with pre-amp, rotor, it's quite effective. My model isn't made any longer, but here is an easy equivalent.

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=HD8200XL

Keep in mind, it's a crapshoot. Save all the boxes. You might need to send everything back if it doesn't work for you.

Last edited: