Air Tag Tracking

Tech

After the loss of a couple car key fobs 💸, we place air tags on their replacements. Now my android phone alerts me that I'm being tracked. Is there a way to mark these tags as safe and not alert me?

Clem72

After the loss of a couple car key fobs 💸, we place air tags on their replacements. Now my android phone alerts me that I'm being tracked. Is there a way to mark these tags as safe and not alert me?
I haven't used this feature yet, but it's only supposed to alert you if the airtag is following you and separated from its tracker (which I assume isn't your phone if you have android).

You should be able to turn the tracking off under Settings > Safety & emergency >Unknown tracker alerts

Tech

I haven't used this feature yet, but it's only supposed to alert you if the airtag is following you and separated from its tracker (which I assume isn't your phone if you have android).

You should be able to turn the tracking off under Settings > Safety & emergency >Unknown tracker alerts
I was wondering if you just turn off the alerts from identified friendlies not all.

Clem72

I was wondering if you just turn off the alerts from identified friendlies not all.
Doesn't look like that capability is included. Are you concerned about other's tracking you? If not, you can just turn the function off.