ALDS Update!

tomchamp

BuddyLee said:
I don't like what they stand for. The big money ruins the competition. It's the SSDY story.

All the money in the world ain't helping them now...or last year when the Red Sox broke the curse.

tomchamp

OK Buddy!

How does bid money ruin the competition...the Redskins have the second highest pay roll in the NFL and they are not all that.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
tomchamp said:
Never liked those Baltimore hand-me-downs either..Randy Johnson will get this done, promise.

He's got a mighty big hole to climb out of, thanks to Moose. :bubble:

BuddyLee

Football addict
tomchamp said:
How does bid money ruin the competition...the Redskins have the second highest pay roll in the NFL and they are not all that.
Have the skins won countless superbowls? The Yankee's have won plenty of titles, this gives them an advantage, an advantage to brag about being the best of the best. Now when another team comes up and hears this they know they'll be going up against the best of the best. The Yankee's not only have the money but a good reputation for bragging. Should the Skins brag, what do they really have to brag about?

I believe the same happened with Dallas and the Skins. Dallas put forth this idea that they were the best and obviously better than their rival the Skins. Boy did that ever work and boy did that idea ever work against the Redsox.

tomchamp

BuddyLee said:
Have the skins won countless superbowls? The Yankee's have won plenty of titles, this gives them an advantage, an advantage to brag about being the best of the best. Now when another team comes up and hears this they know they'll be going up against the best of the best. The Yankee's not only have the money but a good reputation for bragging. Should the Skins brag, what do they really have to brag about?

I believe the same happened with Dallas and the Skins. Dallas put forth this idea that they were the best and obviously better than their rival the Skins. Boy did that ever work and boy did that idea ever work against the Redsox.

Have the Yankees won countless World Series? And how does that give them an advatage? I would think the teams going up against them would be thinking Lets Take these guys out..as the Angels are doing as we speak...from here on out I think the White Sox..one of the lowest payed teams in MLB will win The World Series. Bet Me!

BuddyLee

Football addict
tomchamp said:
Have the Yankees won countless World Series?
Yes.:lmao:

And how does that give them an advatage?
Now don't you go on to tell me that if you're the reigning champion you won't feel a sense of superiority. Now multiply that superiority!

I would think the teams going up against them would be thinking Lets Take these guys out..as the Angels are doing as we speak...from here on out I think the White Sox..one of the lowest payed teams in MLB will win The World Series. Bet Me
Perhaps the tides are finally changing, the Redsox would be proof of this. I sure hope so.:cheers: