stopped equine traffic in and out as a precaution. At this time for your
sake and ours, we are not inviting guests to hunt with the Reber Hounds,
and we urge you to be sensitive to biosecurity for your stable, and make
real sure who you are riding with, and what horses their horse has been in
contact with. Most of us know little about this virus, which is all the
more reason for caution.

The quarantined stable is Seven Hills, Kim Morani. Kim had a horse van up
from Fla., spend two days at Pimlico before she got it to her farm. They
had to euthonize her daughters horse, and other horses are running fevers.
Worthmore Stable has stopped all activity as a biosecurity caution.

Let's all be vigilant and allow this damaging virus to expire in MD horses.

Edwin R. Fry
P.O.Box 390
Chestertown, MD 21620

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
:yeahthat:

Psssttt Happy you still need my breeding hobbles :lmao:
:gossip: Um...not until Friday night, going to see/ride the mare Friday morning, then i'll tell him i've already transferred the $$ into my account (did it today)... :lol:

She's due to foal in April :biggrin:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I've been researching on internet and it seems to be divided on whether or not to vaccinate. I thought this vaccine was included in the 6 or 7 way vaccines available from Southern States. Does anyone know whats what?

W

WildHorses

appyday said:
Do you know the real name..Herpes is on nothing I give..

Let me see if I can spell this from my memory...This is what I give..

Eastern Western encephalitis
Rhino
Tetanus
Influenza
Potomac
West Nile
Rabies

Here's a website you might want to check out re EHV-1 (the virus at Pimlico) duke.usask.ca/~misra/virology/stud2004/EHV2/EHV-1.html.

fredsaid2

From what I've read it's a mutated form of herpes/rhino. "There is currently no known method to reliably prevent the neurologic form of EHV-1 infection. It is recommended to maintain appropriate vaccination procedures in an attempt to reduce the incidence of the respiratory form of EHV-1 infection, which may help prevent the neurologic form. Transmission of the virus can occur via coughing or sneezing over a distance of up to 35 feet as well as by direct contact with infected horses, feed and equipment. Based on clinical signs, there is no reason to believe that there is any human health risk." Here's the link to the press releases from the

Md Dept of Agri

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very interesting. My sister has her standardbred racehorses on a farm not too far away from there. I'll mention it to her and see if she knows about it. Thanks!

W

WildHorses

Bustem' Down said:
Shame on you. It's called a joke. Chuckle and move on, or, just move on.

:confused: I always thought a joke was something all parties could laugh at and enjoy. :howdy: I chuckle quite often at jokes and as far as moving on, not yet. :lmao:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
WildHorses said:
:confused: I always thought a joke was something all parties could laugh at and enjoy. :howdy:
If peopple don't learn to see the humour in even serious events, they'll die of heart attacks by the time they're 45.

fredsaid2

I think it's a little hard for WHs to take lightly something that could effect her heart (her animals) and her livelihood (her business). A similar outbreak happened last year at Columbia, 4-5 horses lost and a few months in quarantine. Hard to see the humor in that.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
fredsaid2 said:
I think it's a little hard for WHs to take lightly something that could effect her heart (her animals) and her livelihood (her business). A similar outbreak happened last year at Columbia, 4-5 horses lost and a few months in quarantine. Hard to see the humor in that.
Oh well.

mingiz

Horse Poor
fredsaid2 said:

Some people just don't realize the bond that people have with their animals. Along with the cost and time that goes along with it. This virus, especailly in the horse world is SERIOUS. If your here to make jokes then just go away.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
mingiz said:
Some people just don't realize the bond that people have with their animals. Along with the cost and time that goes along with it. This virus, especailly in the horse world is SERIOUS. If your here to make jokes then just go away.
Yes I do. I have dogs. I just spent $400 dollars on one of them before Christmas because he hurt his back and tommorrow He has oral surgery which will probably run close to $800. And guess what, I can still joke about it so blow me.