All These Christmas Dodads

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was ABOUT to start yesterday, but I got so involved in all the other things I did on my day off. What I typically do, during the week between Christmas and NYs is take things down off the wall, or off the counters, and stage them all in my living room on the 2 recliners and end table. THEN I can bring up the plastic bin from downstairs and can put the stuff in the bin/boxes they belong.

The last thing is the tree and since it's live, (needles dropping when I look at them!) I'm gonna need Thing2 to come over with his big Silverado truck and get it for me and take it to the dumperoo. :biggrin:

Lots going on so had little time and energy left to decorate the tree. It just had lights and the star on top. My kids, mom and sis came for Christmas and when I asked how they liked the tree they all said it’s nice. Only when I mentioned the lack of ornaments did they notice there were none.

30 years of collecting just the right ornaments to inspire memories and reminiscing of the past were all for nothing.

The F’r is going down.

Bann

PREMO Member
Lots going on so had little time and energy left to decorate the tree. It just had lights and the star on top. My kids, mom and sis came for Christmas and when I asked how they liked the tree they all said it’s nice. Only when I mentioned the lack of ornaments did they notice there were none.

30 years of collecting just the right ornaments to inspire memories and reminiscing of the past were all for nothing.
:huggy:
The F’r is going down.
:lmao:

Reactions: rio

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
It just had lights and the star on top.
OMG mine too! The boxes of ornaments are still sitting in the house!

I did put the 4 elves on the tree, just because I love them. Tree coming down today.

1211230845_HDR~2.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Haven't you rude consumers, threats to the world's ecological fragility, educated yourselves? The eco soldiers, like me... have disdain for YOU who take savagely cut old growth seedlings, adorn them with non-degradable plastic garish ornaments, place them in YOUR carbon footprint homes in celebration of a Palestinian Jew, once a year!!!!! (ooops, my blue eyeliner is dripping like Mother Earth crying,) excuse me a few to regroup....

At least, take those trees, and deposit them on the beaches of the Tri--County to stop the erosion of our land... AND you know the Polar Ice caps are melting and the land will be gone...whoooosh......

AND, its doo-dads.
Ah, another reason for an artificial tree.

Reason one is the year a mantis egg hatched.

Doo-Dads. I knew mine didnt look right.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I always prefer the colored lights

... Oh wait, I’m not supposed to call them colored anymore.

I like the African-American lights.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

The F’r is going down.
OMG mine too! The boxes of ornaments are still sitting in the house!

I did put the 4 elves on the tree, just because I love them. Tree coming down today.

View attachment 174608
The last time I was at the fiance's house I put the lights up. That was Tuesday or Wednesday. IDK if the ornaments were hung or presents were opened, as I left shortly thereafter, due to other obligations. If I had to guess, the ornaments are probably still packed away in the garage somewhere.

glhs837

Power with Control
I always prefer the colored lights

... Oh wait, I’m not supposed to call them colored anymore.

I like the African-American lights.

I like mine with a mix of twinkling and steady lights, in all the colors. This year there was a smattering of ornaments. Not liberally coating the thing as in previous years.Took less time and looked better.

During a normal holiday season, I keep the tree lights white until turning them to colored just before Christmas Eve. Colored lights at Christmas is most certainly traditional and pleasing for me. I turn them to white the day after Christmas for the remainder until the tree comes down.

Grumpy

During a normal holiday season, I keep the tree lights white until turning them to colored just before Christmas Eve. Colored lights at Christmas is most certainly traditional and pleasing for me. I turn them to white the day after Christmas for the remainder until the tree comes down.
Racist

Bann

PREMO Member
Got all my decorations down and put away on Sunday before I went out partying. :party: Thing2 came over yesterday for NY dinner and we got the tree outside with little effort and he'll come over with the truck this week and take it to the dump for me. :yay: