All those who predicted

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Toxick said:
... that Cynthia McKinney would walk away from this without incident.
I'm sure her constituency is sooo proud. :rolleyes:

I just hope, for the nation's sake in general, that she never takes a leadership position anywhere in the defense field. "Oh look, a scraggly Middle Eastern guy wearing a t-shirt that says, 'Osama is My Hero' walking into the CIA building. I'm sure he's harmless."

You didnt have to be a brain surgeon to figure this one out.

A Washington DC Grand Jury ?/ Sheeeeeit

She high fived them on the way out the door./

Hessian

Anybody got a list of the recent...

senators & reps who have been busted and then had things dismissed/ delayed, and walked away untainted?

I can think of the Kennedy idiot who smashes his car, is screwed out of his mind on drugs/ale and the cops give him a pass..

Then this Jefferson idiot who was stashing bribe money in his freezer---all on tape: and they can't stick an indictment on him? Huh?

Now McKinney

It makes me very angry that we have two standards of justice in this imperial system,...one for the politicians, one for us.
Is that why JPC is running? get into that second tier of justice? :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Yep. This is why Patrick Kennedy stated he wanted to be treated like a black person in Washington D.C.

willie

After the idiotic Capitol Police gave Kennedy a free pass, an indictment of McKinney would have brought on a race riot. That Grand Jury was either stacked (most likely) or schooled.

Politicians have always been a shady bunch but our current crop are the worst in history. From top to bottom they are either crooked to the extreme like Jefferson, dumb as box of rocks like Boxer or blind partisans like the rest.

Lilypad

Andy Maybo, president of the Capitol Hill police union, said the decision was a blow to officers' morale. "This is sending the message to the public that it's OK to hit a police officer, and it's not. It's not OK for anyone anywhere in this country."

Damn disgrace ifn you ask me! :cussing:

Hessian

Chuckling at the video...meanwhile...

Yep, they Tazer the drunk & disorderly citizen but let Citizen Kennedy have a comfy ride home.

McKinney sends a marvelous message: Smack a cop...and never apologize and never be called to account.

Jefferson? We've known he was a bad apple for years and the only thing they have done is ask him not to be on a committee.

We do have a bad bunch of apples and its time somebody (FOX?) do a profile of each of these idiots :smack: and let the public outcry jam the senate/rep switchboards.

If their public still supports them,...we have crossed yet another line in our decline.

bcp

In My Opinion
Lilypad said:
Andy Maybo, president of the Capitol Hill police union, said the decision was a blow to officers' morale. "This is sending the message to the public that it's OK to hit a police officer, and it's not. It's not OK for anyone anywhere in this country."

Damn disgrace ifn you ask me! :cussing:

about 12 years ago when I hit a police officer during a simple DUI stop,, I ended up getting 6 months in jail, but the lawyer got it reduced to 5 weekends in the Jennifer road detention center. I did 4 and got out of the last weekend for good behaviour.

wont do that again.

I get just a little pissed off when some buckwheat looking ho from Georgia can get away with it with not even a slap on the wrist.

I guess it just dont pay to be a white man in this black mans country.

Toxick

Splat
Hessian said:
McKinney sends a marvelous message: Smack a cop...and never apologize and never be called to account.

What kills me is how on the news (at least CNN) they keep saying that she did apologize.

I presume they're referring to her half-assed flippant "apology" which was directed toward congress and not to the police or the officer she assaulted, which only came after she started getting the shoulder on the hill.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hessian said:
We do have a bad bunch of apples and its time somebody (FOX?) do a profile of each of these idiots :smack: and let the public outcry jam the senate/rep switchboards.

If their public still supports them,...we have crossed yet another line in our decline.

That's the ticket! Turn it over to someone like Bill O'Reilly at Fox News. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't done it already.

Hell, Ann Coulter is on a roll, maybe she'll pick up the guantlet.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hessian said:
Interesting read...yet not as gritty as is needed now:
http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1307

Hey Penn..."pick up the guantlet"

Isn't that a Medieval glove covered in bird poo? :lmao:
(I wouldn't pick that up!)

There are folks on both sides of the aisle that need to leave congress, if that is their aim: self preservation. They forget they serve the people, and not their own interests.

Good article(if it's all true).

Lilypad

Police Group Wants McKinney Scuffle Probed

Police labor officials, angry over a federal grand jury's refusal to indict Rep. Cynthia McKinney for assaulting a police officer, said Monday said they want the House ethics committee to review her conduct.

And they said the grand jury's decision last week sent the message that "it's okay to hit a police officer."

"We hope that members of Congress will review her actions in light of their rules within their own ethics committee," Andrew Maybo, chairman of the U.S. Capitol Police Labor Committee, told reporters Monday at a news conference in Washington.

Maybo said the Fraternal Order of Police would send a letter later this week to the ethics committee suggesting that McKinney's behavior violated an item in the chamber's ethics manual that calls for members to "conduct (themselves) at all times in a manner which shall reflect creditably on the House of Representatives."

McKinney's spokesman and her lawyer did not immediately return calls for comment.

Such a letter would not trigger an inquiry unless a member of the House authors it, or the chairman and ranking Democrat move to review the matter.

McKinney has not disputed accounts that she hit Officer Paul McKenna May 29 when he tried to stop her from entering a House office building unrecognized. McKenna did not arrest McKinney at the scene.

"Congresswoman McKinney's assault on Officer McKenna was not only unprofessional for her position as a member of Congress, but we believe it puts out the wrong message across America, that it's okay to strike a police officer," said

"It's not okay to strike a police officer, regardless of who you are," he added.

Lilypad said:
Police labor officials, angry over a federal grand jury's refusal to indict Rep. Cynthia McKinney for assaulting a police officer, said Monday said they want the House ethics committee to review her conduct.

And they said the grand jury's decision last week sent the message that "it's okay to hit a police officer."

"We hope that members of Congress will review her actions in light of their rules within their own ethics committee," Andrew Maybo, chairman of the U.S. Capitol Police Labor Committee, told reporters Monday at a news conference in Washington.

Maybo said the Fraternal Order of Police would send a letter later this week to the ethics committee suggesting that McKinney's behavior violated an item in the chamber's ethics manual that calls for members to "conduct (themselves) at all times in a manner which shall reflect creditably on the House of Representatives."

McKinney's spokesman and her lawyer did not immediately return calls for comment.

Such a letter would not trigger an inquiry unless a member of the House authors it, or the chairman and ranking Democrat move to review the matter.

McKinney has not disputed accounts that she hit Officer Paul McKenna May 29 when he tried to stop her from entering a House office building unrecognized. McKenna did not arrest McKinney at the scene.

"Congresswoman McKinney's assault on Officer McKenna was not only unprofessional for her position as a member of Congress, but we believe it puts out the wrong message across America, that it's okay to strike a police officer," said

"It's not okay to strike a police officer, regardless of who you are," he added.
----------Such a letter would not trigger an inquiry unless a member of the House authors it, or the chairman and ranking Democrat move to review the matter.------

The police may as well take this off their agenda. Its over.