Alright Football Oldies...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Just remember that our best pre-season in recent memory was Spurrier's first season......... and we all know how that ended up. Yeah they look like S now, pretty typical of Joe Gibbs team's in the Pre-season.

J

juggy4805

Preseason doesn't mean anything. No matter what the coaches say, If you are on the first team you know that the preseason means diddly squat. The same effort is not given. Maybe in coaching but not in playing

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pre season has NOTHING...

Bruzilla said:
As an oldie, sitting here wearing my Bradshaw jersey, I say don't worry. My Steelers haven't won a game yet, which ties them with me... which on the surface doesn't look good.

The problem that I see with the Redskins is Dan Snyder still thinks you can buy a Superbowl team that'll yield immediate results instead of nuturing a team over years of development. If it were that easy to buy a Superbowl Jerry Jones would have have won a dozen by now.

...to do with wins and losses. I've seen a bit of the Steelers. They'll be fine. They've (the starters) shown enough fundamental execution to leave one satisfied that when it counts, they're in good shape.

Otter is right; the Redskins have a history of looking bad in pre-season, even in Superbowl years. That doesn't keep it from being rather unsettling that they are so effectively building on that legacy.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
My bird hasn't lost his enthusiasm. He is still whistling Hail To The Redskins.....starting at 6:30 this morning. :lol:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Gude said:
...to do with wins and losses. I've seen a bit of the Steelers. They'll be fine. They've (the starters) shown enough fundamental execution to leave one satisfied that when it counts, they're in good shape.

Otter is right; the Redskins have a history of looking bad in pre-season, even in Superbowl years. That doesn't keep it from being rather unsettling that they are so effectively building on that legacy.

Yup, pre-season games are for the most part not indicators for the rest of the season,
but 41-0 equals trounced.

Skins QB right or wrong - not the problem here.
Everything Else Is.

Baltimore, KC and Cincinnati will shine this year,

AFC is the conference of the new Millennium !!!!

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We're lulling...

FireBrand said:
Yup, pre-season games are for the most part not indicators for the rest of the season,
but 41-0 equals trounced.

Skins QB right or wrong - not the problem here.
Everything Else Is.

Baltimore, KC and Cincinnati will shine this year,

AFC is the conference of the new Millennium !!!!

...everyone into a false sense of security. 36 year old fragile starting QB's will be all the rage next year. You watch. Of course, ours will 37 by then. Gotta stay ahead of the posers and wannabes.

It's gonna be tough for both the Ravens and Bengals to shine. KC ain't got no picnic either with Denver, who I think will 'shine' and San Diego, along with the usual death matches with Oakland.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In the...

...Washington Times today...

Santana says pre season means nothing more to him than getting used to being hit again.

Randl El pointed out that the Steelers starters scored exactly 0 td's last pre season. They did OK the rest of the way out.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...Washington Times today...

Santana says pre season means nothing more to him than getting used to being hit again.

Randl El pointed out that the Steelers starters scored exactly 0 td's last pre season. They did OK the rest of the way out.

Also, big article in WP about Saunders and not being worried cuz they have only run vanilla stuff in the preseason.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's the stuff that annoys me...

otter said:
Also, big article in WP about Saunders and not being worried cuz they have only run vanilla stuff in the preseason.

...and gives me cause TO worry.

What, everyone else running their mid season offense in pre-season but us? No one ever seen his KC offense and therefore it's this BIG secret? We're gonna do something brand new week one and then never show it again the rest of the season, something BRAND NEW every week?

Not winning in the pre-season is all well and good; it, actually winning means NOTHING. It's HOW we are doing that worries me. Did the Steelers look this bad last preseason? Did we look this bad back in the day? I seem to remember Joe T and Riggo and company running off a half decent series or two and getting the hell out of there.

A well run NFL offense with great players is nearly unstoppable and that kind of timing and practice and repetition takes time and practice and PLAYING. Whatever it is every other team is doing this preseason, vanilla, chocolate and/or strawberry, our starting QB stats are second worst, ahead of only Chicago.

Is practice going SO well that everyone is just chomping at the bit to be let loose? If there is no cause to worry because it's all 'vanilla' then is it safe to presume that Brunell is ready to roll and therefore it might be a good idea to get the kid, Campbell, some 'vanilla' seeings how the only flavor he is up to speed on is college ball?

Are the Pats and Bengals and Jets telling themselves "You know, we'd have really trounced Washington if we hadn't held so much back" ??? They, NE, ran the same damn play to their TE like 10 times.

Did we play all the offensive starters almost three full quarters so we could see how everyone handles double teams and just let Brunell take some extra shots in the process?

Are we happy now that we know, running off tackle three times in a row, that TJ Duckett is SO much different a player than Sellers and Betts and Rock?

If preseason is just to see certain mysterious, vanilla things, why would Portis or Moss or Cooley or the starting line ever step on the field in preseason? If it's not bad to be completely stoned on offense in the pre season, why not let the 2nd teamers do it?

Did Cinncy wheel out the vanilla the other night for Palmer's first game back so they could ease into it?

Again, I don't care about losing 41-0 but there's 41-0 looking fairly good on the first team and 41-0 looking lost.

I'm a bit uneasy with this 'all is well' stuff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We went to...

cattitude said:
I have Otter get you a bigger glass. :yay:

...Augustoberfest in Hagerstown Sunday and I got me a bigazz stine, must be 32 oz or more. Any bigger and I won't be able to see straight (or complain straight) come the Vikings.

B

Bruzilla

Larry Gude said:

The offense hasn't worried me at all. It's the weakassed way the Defense has been playing that worries me.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BuddyLee said:
I don't think I'll get worried until next week, I just want to see them win one or at least put up a good fight.
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

I cannot stand the temptation! I both love and hate going over to XtremeSkins. I want to find out the latest information but then again I don't want to get sucked into the latest drama-fest when we won't know jack until September 11th. Come to me September 11th!

The first two weeks could very well be a plethora of orgasmic excitement for me.:faint:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
BuddyLee said:
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

I cannot stand the temptation! I both love and hate going over to XtremeSkins. I want to find out the latest information but then again I don't want to get sucked into the latest drama-fest when we won't know jack until September 11th. Come to me September 11th!

The first two weeks could very well be a plethora of orgasmic excitement for me.:faint:
The drama queens here don't shiat on the DQs @ extremeskins. :lmao:

Week 2 WAS @ DAL, I think I'm going to Damon's to watch this with some guys from work. Think they'll let me bring my radio in to listen tio Sonny, Sam and Larry?

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
kom526 said:
Week 2 WAS @ DAL, I think I'm going to Damon's to watch this with some guys from work.
I may come to join you if you don't mind. Let me know for sure.:yay:

kom526 said:
Think they'll let me bring my radio in to listen tio Sonny, Sam and Larry?
Hopefully. Nothing like hearing them cheer up a storm, which hasn't been too much in the past years.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
BuddyLee said:
I may come to join you if you don't mind. Let me know for sure.:yay:

Hopefully. Nothing like hearing them cheer up a storm, which hasn't been too much in the past years.
You are more than welcome to join us. One of the guys is a cowboy fan, but not as obnoxious as most of them. The big question is this: Are you going to wear your Lavar jersey? :razz:

BuddyLee

Football addict
kom526 said:
The big question is this: Are you going to wear your Lavar jersey? :razz:
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it now. It's brand new...sheesh out of all the jerseys a girlfriend could possibly pick.:lol: I think I'll wear it from time to time, just around the house though.

I actually have a t-shirt already set aside for cowgirl's games. It has a blown-up photo of Cooley clearing the path for another touchdown in the 35-7 victory last season.:boxing: