Alright Ladies

watercolor

yeah yeah
Have a question about hair and post pregnancy. Is it normal for it to come out? Vrai, being an ex-hair dresser is this normal? I mean- I am not balding by any means- but it sure doesnt make it known it is coming out. Is there anything I can do? Would it be safe to get foil highlights? Just curious about it all. My hair got dark after I had her- and then started to shed. Good LAWD!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yes, it is normal. I don't recall it happening to me (or at least not dramatically so I'd notice), but my stylist did ask me if I'd noticed it, and told me it was normal.

mamissa3

HI yes it is normal...i dont know of anything that helps it not fall otu or strengthing it. If you find something let me know...:)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
By now you know it's normal. :lol:

Use a good conditioning treatment and definitely forgo any chemical processes (perms, color, etc) until you're back to normal. Scalp massage can help because it stimulates the hair follicle and and promotes growth by clearing the follicle of debris that can weaken hair.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
My hair is so long and so thick that I loose handfuls everytime I wash, so I never noticed a difference while I was prego.

Dont wear your hair up all the time, when you take it down you will think theres something wrong with you.!!!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Actually, the deal is the hormones in your system during pregnancy prevent the normal daily hair loss that you normally experience. Once those hormones are gone, you make up for lost time.

I personally never noticed extra hair loss with post-pregnancy. The only time I have ever noticed such a thing was after a certain fireworks accident. :whistle:

Pandora

Speaking of hair, and I know this is somewhat off topic, but I ran into a lady I haven't seen in a long time and she was wearing a wig. She said, a recent emotional incident stressed her out so bad; her hair fell out. This is the 2nd person I've known this to happen to. A lady that lived next door to me in Waldorf went thru a nasty divorce and she lost all her hair too.

I felt so sorry for her. Damn.... :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
Speaking of hair, and I know this is somewhat off topic, but I ran into a lady I haven't seen in a long time and she was wearing a wig. She said, a recent emotional incident stressed her out so bad; her hair fell out. This is the 2nd person I've known this to happen to. A lady that lived next door to me in Waldorf went thru a nasty divorce and she lost all her hair too.

I felt so sorry for her. Damn.... :ohwell:
Oh Lord, I hope my hair doesn't fall out. :jameo:

fttrsbeerwench

Watercolor, are you takign prenatal vitamins?? I know they help your hair and nails grow and my doctor said to take em up to six months after having my kids.

I knew a girl who yanks her out, she was abused and did it to deal.. Imagine wearing a wig at 20 and not having cancer.. :ohwell:
My girl friend who has gastric bypass lost all her hair and has worn a wig for several years.. Hers won't grow back..
When I had my liver/gallbladder/evil boyfriend thing a year ago I started losing hair by the hand fulls.. It's just now slowed down to the point that I'm not worried anymore.. The hairdresser says I have new growth throughout my head and that my hairs looks to be coming back curlier than before:yay:
She also says you shed your hair about every 7 years.

Pandora

Nickel said:
Oh Lord, I hope my hair doesn't fall out. :jameo:

I think this “whatever you call it” is rare. I'm suprised nobody spoke up and said they knew others this has happened to. :confused: I had never heard of it until I met this women in Waldorf, who was just a wonderful person, and I was reminded of it when I ran into this other women the other day who has also lost all her hair.

I can look back at times I knew I was under a great deal of emotional stress, see the pictures and think DAMN I look so old and I know at that time(s) I was loosing hair more so than normal and my skin looked very poor, so I cannot help but wonder if stress can cause the aliments we do see, imagine what it is doing to those organs and such we don’t see. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
I think this “whatever you call it” is rare. I'm suprised nobody spoke up and said they knew others this has happened to. :confused: I had never heard of it until I met this women in Waldorf, who was just a wonderful person, and I was reminded of it when I ran into this other women the other day who has also lost all her hair.

I can look back at times I knew I was under a great deal of emotional stress, see the pictures and think DAMN I look so old and I know at that time(s) I was loosing hair more so than normal and my skin looked very poor, so I cannot help but wonder if stress can cause the aliments we do see, imagine what it is doing to those organs and such we don’t see. :ohwell:
Oh, I know stress is a killer. :lol: My face has broken out, I have no energy, etc. The hair's still there though. :lol:

Pandora

Nickel said:
Oh, I know stress is a killer. :lol: My face has broken out, I have no energy, etc. The hair's still there though. :lol:

:huggy: Take vitamins and try to take down time and relax when you can. You are not in a position to say “I have enough stress; I don’t need this and promptly take the nearest exit.” You really have no choice but to be smack dab in the middle of it, so all you can do is cope the best you can.

I didn't lose too much with my first son, but with my second it came out by the handfuls about 6 months post-partum. It was horrible!!! I lost mine mainly around the hairline (temples and sides) Hair grows about 1/2 inch a month, so calcluate that! I'm thinking I'll be back to normal when he's 2! :lol:

watercolor

yeah yeah
CableChick said:
I didn't lose too much with my first son, but with my second it came out by the handfuls about 6 months post-partum. It was horrible!!! I lost mine mainly around the hairline (temples and sides) Hair grows about 1/2 inch a month, so calcluate that! I'm thinking I'll be back to normal when he's 2! :lol:

*nod* It has been crazy. You could give a hailess cat long and beauitful hair if I were to pic it out after I washed my hair. Totally crazy. Well, she hit 5 mths 2 days ago-- so maybe like you it will stop at 6 mths pp.

Fttrs- prenatal vits eh? Yeah my nails are growing at the speed of lightening.. but my hair is doing the opposite. Thanks for letting me know. Well I will keep that in mind after the next one comes :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CableChick said:

Good luck with that one. GMO is almost two and my head o' hair is still about half as thick as it use to be. It use to be mucho thick now is's bueno thin. :frown: