Alternative to Bare Minerals

Chasey_Lane said:
Should I gits me some samples? :tap:
In all seriousness, they send a pretty decent amount of each product sample. I'd say it is definately worth the price of shipping. I haven't tried the product yet tho... so I can't give you my opinion on how it compares to BM yet.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
In all seriousness, they send a pretty decent amount of each product sample. I'd say it is definately worth the price of shipping. I haven't tried the product yet tho... so I can't give you my opinion on how it compares to BM yet.
Have you compared the ingredients? I don't care for the foundation as much as I want to try the blushes...:lol:

Chasey_Lane said:
Have you compared the ingredients? I don't care for the foundation as much as I want to try the blushes...:lol:
The samples come in little clear screw-top containers. I'd say there is enough blush in the "blush sample container" to last a person weeks. So, if it's really the blush you are interested in trying most... definately go for it!

GeezLouise

tired and content....
I just got my samples yesterday in the mail. The blush that I got was way too dark for me, I did look like Mimi last night when I was playing with the makeup. :lmao: I forget the name of it though....

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
The samples come in little clear screw-top containers. I'd say there is enough blush in the "blush sample container" to last a person weeks. So, if it's really the blush you are interested in trying most... definately go for it!
I have some funds in my Paypal account so I just ordered a sample kit. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive...:tap:

kwillia said:
Well, Sweetpea.... how did it hold up...:tap:
So far it's good. I did forget to give it a good lookover in the sunlight though. I'll be sure to do it tomorrow. Also...the foundation shades seem to run a tad lighter than BM.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
sweetpea said:
So far it's good. I did forget to give it a good lookover in the sunlight though. I'll be sure to do it tomorrow. Also...the foundation shades seem to run a tad lighter than BM.
The darkest foundation shade that I got (which looks like it will be fine) makes me look yellow. The others are waaaay too light for me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They sent me all kinds of stuff. I got a blush, a concealer and SIX foundations - one of each of the colors I ordered in both the matte and the Original Glo.

What a deal! :cartwheel

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
:kiss: I am using the foundation with my bare minerals " warmth and finishing vail ". The color is better then the one I bought from BM. The blush is Glittery golden. I will give that to my grandaughter.
Lots for just the price of shipping.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like it! :yahoo:

The coverage is excellent and the color looks great. They are a bit lighter than the BM shades, though. I even like the blush - I got the Apple color and it looks pretty darn good.

I used the Original Glo and my skin looks all dewy and moist. :cartwheel

I'd buy this instead of BareMinerals. BUT I also like being able to go to Sephora and getting everything I need in one fell swoop. A dilemma....

vraiblonde said:
I like it! :yahoo:

The coverage is excellent and the color looks great. They are a bit lighter than the BM shades, though. I even like the blush - I got the Apple color and it looks pretty darn good.

I used the Original Glo and my skin looks all dewy and moist. :cartwheel

I'd buy this instead of BareMinerals. BUT I also like being able to go to Sephora and getting everything I need in one fell swoop. A dilemma....
I used mine this morning too. I like the coverage too. I also chose Apple as the blush and it is a very nice shade.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
I used mine this morning too. I like the coverage too. I also chose Apple as the blush and it is a very nice shade.
I can't wait to try it! I'm hoping that I don't start to break out from using it, though. That would suck! :ohwell:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I tried BM before and didn't care for it. I went ahead to give this stuff a try and I do like it. I got the matte in the foundation and that stays put. The blush I selected was Girl's Day Blush and I really like it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I ordered the samples a couple days ago. Hopefully I'll have them today! I'm excited that someone said they're yellow. Being olive I usually have a problem with foundations being too pink. :getdown: I need something light (as in coverage) for the summer!