ALton Brown, Feasting on Asphalt!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
GREAT show, and this weeks was fairly local.. SC, GA, NC, and Fl.. All about eating on the road, small town diners, and bike riding/ camping.

How he was outfitted for the ride(s)

http://www.altonbrown.com/adventure/knowledge/motogear.html

I think thre are four bikers in the group, Two on Beemers an RT and a GS Adventure, one on a Triumph Speed Triple, and I never caught a glimpse of the fourth, you just kind of assumed it was there from the footage.

But great show.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
itsbob said:
GREAT show, and this weeks was fairly local.. SC, GA, NC, and Fl.. All about eating on the road, small town diners, and bike riding/ camping.

How he was outfitted for the ride(s)

http://www.altonbrown.com/adventure/knowledge/motogear.html

I think thre are four bikers in the group, Two on Beemers an RT and a GS Adventure, one on a Triumph Speed Triple, and I never caught a glimpse of the fourth, you just kind of assumed it was there from the footage.

But great show.
:bawl:

I missed all those Good Eats, and the new show...I love AB :bawl:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Club'nBabySeals said:
The show is wonderful--Alton Brown is such a charismatic fellow; and very good at what he does.
And the scene with the pickled pigs feet!! I thought that was hilarious.

Oh, and the woman that owned the "Sole" food restaurant.. what a character!

just.me

itsbob said:
And the scene with the pickled pigs feet!! I thought that was hilarious.

Oh, and the woman that owned the "Sole" food restaurant.. what a character!

I have always liked Alton Brown....we should get him down here for stuffed ham....the new show, I have to agree, is awesome!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bustem' Down said:
That was so nasty. This is a good show. Episode 4 is when he goes down I think, I wonder how it happened.
He hits some dirt and gravel on the road in a turn.. down he goes..

Thinks he was outside of Phoenix at the time..

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
itsbob said:
He hits some dirt and gravel on the road in a turn.. down he goes..

Thinks he was outside of Phoenix at the time..
That sucks, but I guess it could be worse. I don't ride so I don't know how bad a situation that is.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bustem' Down said:
That sucks, but I guess it could be worse. I don't ride so I don't know how bad a situation that is.
Well if you notice, he rides ATGATT.. All The Gear All The Time..

He borke a bone, but no road rash to speak of, and probably nowhere near as hurt as he would have been if he was wearing a t-shirt, jean shorts and flip flops..

Minimize risk while still enjoying the ride.

BlackSheep

itsbob said:
I want me a BRAIN sammich!! YUMMMMMM!
I was just in a diner yesterday morning when a guy ordered himself a brain sandwich, on Wonder bread w/mayo and heaping dose of Texas Pete.
I thought after the "mad cow" disease scare, brain was no longer on menus?? :shrug:

ItsGene

It was a straight dirt road in NV.

His troupe was on a dirt road on the way to a back country chuckwagon dinner just outside of Las Vegas. He made a mistake and crossed from one side of the single lane dirt road to get to the other rut and lost traction in the dirt, sand and gravel that accumulates between the two ruts on a back country not often traveled dirt road. They were not moving at a high rate of speed, but they were moving pretty well for a dirt road in that kind of shape. When the bike went over, you can see him fall to the road on his shoulder, hence the broken collar bone.

Watched this show for the first time tonight after reading about it on here. Interesting show. When they made it out west, I noticed a lot of familiar territory. I have been on a lot of the roads they filmed on. Monument Valley, Zion National Park, Las Vegas. The fir trees of the northwest have me longing for the wide open spaces of Idaho, Utah and Nevaga. Perhaps this fall I will make a run to the southwest.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did ya watch the other three epsidoes, the first two he was over here on the right coast.. where the riding is better, the people are smarter and better looking etc...

I recorded them all tonight. will copy the lat longs. and ride out and see some of these places someday soon..

AND where the hell is Nevaga!???

Took Caity, Ian and Nicholas to an Orioles game today.. what a GREAT time had by all!!

T

tikipirate

BlackSheep said:
I thought after the "mad cow" disease scare, brain was no longer on menus?? :shrug:

Alton Brown addressed that in his show. Cow brains out, pig brains in. The porcine brain is smaller than its bovine cousin, so the effort of removing the outer membrane yields less consumable brain for the same amount of work.

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

ItsGene

Brains, mountain oysters.

I would guess eating brains would be a lot like the Rocky Mountain Oysters out west. Most people don't puke until after you tell them they just ate a plate of pan fried thinly sliced bull testicles.

Dam fine sammich. What was that? Oh, that there was a heap o cow brains with mayo. Thanks...for the memoriesssss.. :thewave:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I absolultely love Alton Brown:blushing: FoA shows even more of awesome personality which I believe draws the viewer in more. He's someone I never get tired of watching:yay: