Aluminum tube stock local?

glhs837

Power with Control
sure it wasn't for the whole stick? Don't think they sell by the foot. I'd try calling Stauffers or Coffee Hill and see if they have any short pieces.

I put in my request that I wanted six feet. Might be he was charging for the whole stick like Lowes might if I wanted a 14 foot board :) Would either of those guys be likely to have aluminum?

nutz

I put in my request that I wanted six feet. Might be he was charging for the whole stick like Lowes might if I wanted a 14 foot board :) Would either of those guys be likely to have aluminum?

First guess would go to Coffee Hill. Isn't there a super salvage on St andrew church road? You may talk them out of a piece if its there. I'm thinking used scaffolding may be really close to that size.

How about a piece of galvanized or black pipe? I'm sure it's not very expensive for a short piece, and a little paint will dress it up nicely.

glhs837

Power with Control
How about a piece of galvanized or black pipe? I'm sure it's not very expensive for a short piece, and a little paint will dress it up nicely.

Six foot long section of that would maybe weigh as much as the rest of the rig.

:shrug: A little weight will make it a little more stable.

No happy median here, is there? :lol: Too flimsy, too expensive, too heavy.....

black dog

Free America
sure it wasn't for the whole stick? Don't think they sell by the foot. I'd try calling Stauffers or Coffee Hill and see if they have any short pieces.

Yes they will cut to order, but you might just be paying for the 10 to 24' stick to buy your short and you just don't know it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes they will cut to order, but you might just be paying for the 10 to 24' stick to buy your short and you just don't know it.

I should maybe call then. If thats the case, might be worth it to get the whole stick and using the rest for maybe some other project. Maybe I'll swing in tomorrow and hit the junkyard back in there while I'm at it.