Aluminum Tubing

Looking for a local source for aluminum tubing, 2.5" OD, not sure of the ID. Metal type 6061 minimum strength. Found some online, would like to see if I can get it local.

Triton metals?

I need to make a custom tow bar for my new trailer.

PeoplesElbow

I can't weld aluminum, was going to check into 3 Mules to see if they could fabricate what I want.
Gotcha

I don't have any experience with structural analysis experience with welded aluminum but did a quick search and found this which should be useful.

Thanx, probably a bit more than I need to consider.

I stopped at 3 Mules and got the name of someone who welds aluminum professionally all the time. Going to try and meet up with him tomorrow to discuss the project, but he didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

PeoplesElbow

Thanx, probably a bit more than I need to consider.

I stopped at 3 Mules and got the name of someone who welds aluminum professionally all the time. Going to try and meet up with him tomorrow to discuss the project, but he didn't seem to think it was a big deal.
👍 6061 is a great choice for general purpose use.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't weld aluminum, was going to check into 3 Mules to see if they could fabricate what I want.
And you know who they will send you to?...somebody that stocks aluminum and welds/machines it too. ;-p Depends on who is behind the counter on which of the two or three shops they'll mention...one of which is mine.

And you know who they will send you to?...somebody that stocks aluminum and welds/machines it too. ;-p Depends on who is behind the counter on which of the two or three shops they'll mention...one of which is mine.
Well..... why the heck didn't you or StGIslander step up and say so!?! I haven't committed to anything, so we can certainly talk...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well..... why the heck didn't you or StGIslander step up and say so!?! I haven't committed to anything, so we can certainly talk...

Well..I'm sorta outa pocket right now (Egypt), and you know how sketchy that StgIslander feller is.. I might not have any 2.5" OD tubing...I know I have plenty of sch40 6061 pipe but that's 2.375 OD for 2" and near 3" OD for 2.5".

I just wanted to make sure you got my "hey..wadda we over heah..potted plants?" message. ;-)