Am I entitled to be upset?

mingiz

Horse Poor
It's a beautiful place and we'll probably be there a bit this year. Hope to run into you again and, perhaps, we won't have to be talking 50 yards apart. Spread the word on the area, it's my understanding it's not being utilized as much as it could be and they have done a beautiful job on the arena and surrounding area.:howdy:Have a great day and sorry for any misunderstanding.:buddies:

I'm sure alot of horse peeps would love to ride there. But if parking rigs are an issue then most don't want to drive there to find out there is no room to park a trailer. For me it's an hour drive.So I would be po'd if I couldn't park to ride...If they want it utilized more then they have to accommadate for parking. jmo:popcorn:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Never had this happen to me at Oak Ridge, in fact was there for a show Sunday and there were riders on the trails but I agree, if it did happen, I'd do the same thing. Ridiculous!

It was PVDA. I was there with the show when managment went over and told people that had come to trail ride that the grounds were being rented for the show and they needed to leave. I've never seen a dressage show take place on the trails so I doubt seriously that I would have left, the people I mentioned though did leave. C'mon people, share.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'm sure alot of horse peeps would love to ride there. But if parking rigs are an issue then most don't want to drive there to find out there is no room to park a trailer. For me it's an hour drive.So I would be po'd if I couldn't park to ride...If they want it utilized more then they have to accommadate for parking. jmo:popcorn:

There's a pretty fair amount of parking...more than at the lake, and there's water for the horses and bathrooms. But, I think the bathrooms are locked to prevent vandalism unless the facility is rented.

mingiz

Horse Poor
There's a pretty fair amount of parking...more than at the lake, and there's water for the horses and bathrooms. But, I think the bathrooms are locked to prevent vandalism unless the facility is rented.

Well then there seems to be enough parking....:whistle:Why haven't we met there to ride????? :geek:We all need to get together again....:popcorn:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Not really. I've been to shows at Oakridge were show staff has pulled the same "we've rented it, it's ours" shtick.:otter:

If it was me I probably would have said, "okay, I won't go in the ring, thanks for letting me know." Then I would have politely parked, unloaded my horse, tacked up and gone for a ride. :whistle: But I have a bit of :jerry: attitude.

:duel:
And you have a VERY big horsie :lol:

devinej

yeah we should go! that would be fun. the harem rides again! what are the trails like at kings landing? anything interesting?

Martinigirl

Can't wait to try again. Maybe will catch up to you there. No apologies necessary...like we agree, a misunderstanding. Hope the trails are easy. Although riding since I was 12 (I'm about 4x's that now) I still feel I'm a beginner. Had a bad fall in my 20's to which the next 16 years I refused to ride. A 17.3 angel taught me all over again before crossing the rainbow bridge. A 15.3 pasture prince is now dealing with me and my new fears. Need easy trails to calm unnecessary worries and gain confidence.

sunnyAAF

Can't wait to try again. Maybe will catch up to you there. No apologies necessary...like we agree, a misunderstanding. Hope the trails are easy. Although riding since I was 12 (I'm about 4x's that now) I still feel I'm a beginner. Had a bad fall in my 20's to which the next 16 years I refused to ride. A 17.3 angel taught me all over again before crossing the rainbow bridge. A 15.3 pasture prince is now dealing with me and my new fears. Need easy trails to calm unnecessary worries and gain confidence.

I know exactly what you mean. I had a bad fall last year and ever since that, I haven't been the same. Eventhough I have a new horse that is much more calmer and experienced, I feel like a beginner every time I ride her. I am slowly trying to gain my confidence back, but at the same time I dont want my horse to get fed up with me and turn into a brat. If you have any tips, let me know! lol. Good luck with everything!

Martinigirl

My friend, keeps telling me to hang in there. The horse I have (that I'm nervous riding) tells me over and over..he's a good horse. Calm down. I really do understand where you are coming from. Several months of no incidents could go by...your confidence is growing and then...out of the blue a butterfly comes along LOL and you are on the ride of your life. LOL. You start from square one and your horse has forgotten all about it. Nerve racking. No tips here. Sorry.