Am I seeing a trend here???? Oh, probably not....right?

GregV814

Political ad season take - aways...

Lets see here: One guy, who reportedly owned the biggest, bestest BLACK OWNED COMPANY IN THE UNIVERSE, who is currently the disabled Mayor of Bowie Murlin, is running for Comptroller in the State....

Another, says "it took 25 years to get from his grandparent's log cabin in Montgomery County to DC", even though he was Obama's hand picked Secretary of Education.... (he's black too BTW)...He'd like to be our Governor...

Still another was raised by his grandmother who and was admittedly a problematic kid who took wrong turns in life.... He was a college scholar and an Army leader (he's black too BTW) another Governor guy want to be...

Then Tom Perez....smartest guy in the world says Obama....

And still another, who's parents grew up under Jim Crow laws (just a few years ago) and is a Civil Rights lawyer...you know, lunch counter racists servers (denying a PBJ sammich to "coloreds) wants to be something....

am I seeing a trend here?

Hijinx

Drive to Chuck County and look at the political signs.
It's pretty dark there. Yes: I think we are seeing a trend in the candidates. Now whether or not they are elected is another problem ..But no matter who is running white or black, Politics beats the hell out of working for a living. Just ask Steny.

SamSpade

Political ad season take - aways...

Lets see here: One guy, who reportedly owned the biggest, bestest BLACK OWNED COMPANY IN THE UNIVERSE, who is currently the disabled Mayor of Bowie Murlin, is running for Comptroller in the State....

Another, says "it took 25 years to get from his grandparent's log cabin in Montgomery County to DC", even though he was Obama's hand picked Secretary of Education.... (he's black too BTW)...He'd like to be our Governor...

Still another was raised by his grandmother who and was admittedly a problematic kid who took wrong turns in life.... He was a college scholar and an Army leader (he's black too BTW) another Governor guy want to be...

Then Tom Perez....smartest guy in the world says Obama....

And still another, who's parents grew up under Jim Crow laws (just a few years ago) and is a Civil Rights lawyer...you know, lunch counter racists servers (denying a PBJ sammich to "coloreds) wants to be something....

am I seeing a trend here?

I'm not getting your point. The Democrats want to nominate black people to top positions in a state that is 30% black - and the pattern has generally been to draw from the DC-Baltimore corridor - which is about 40% black?

And of course, it's Democrats, so they know that blacks will vote for them 80-95% ?

If it's a "pattern" so the hell what? It's not weird.