Am i sticking my neck out here??

fttrsbeerwench

I may suffer greatly in the polularity polls, but are there any registered democrats or greens on these forums at all?? Alot of the posts seems one sided( not that I would endorse Kerry, even as the lesser of two evils) But I am sure that I am not alone here in my ideas.... Rescue me!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
fttrsbeerwench said:
I may suffer greatly in the polularity polls, but are there any registered democrats or greens on these forums at all?? Alot of the posts seems one sided( not that I would endorse Kerry, even as the lesser of two evils) But I am sure that I am not alone here in my ideas.... Rescue me!
:confused: Are you saying what I think you're saying?

If you can't pick out the Liberals on this forum, you're just not reading for content. It's pretty clear who is in whos' camp, just by reading the political threads.

However, I do think the conservatives have the edge. :cheers:

fttrsbeerwench

I am taking the time to read content, but what you said is my point exactly. Why aren't more liberals speaking up?
Please don't come back and say it's because libs have no opinion, I didn't ask this to get bashed in the head, I was just asking for a hands up. :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fttrsbeerwench said:
Why aren't more liberals speaking up?
We've gotten many liberals on here - they just don't stay long because very few folks on here agree with their ideology. Unless then can find something else to keep them amused, like Dems and Buddy Lee did, or they truly enjoy the debate, like Rraley does. Then there are the ones that just like to hang around and irritate the conservatives, like JLab. :lol:

Also, there are more Democrats than you'd think just by reading their posts. It's just that they're conservative Democrats, not liberals.

fttrsbeerwench

thanks so much

Karma points for you , whether you want them or not! :razz: That was just the answer I was looking for. I see that even if we don't agree , you are a person who's opinion I can respect. I pay attention to what you say, I enjoy your abrasivness, I had been waiting for a chance to let you know.

H

HollowSoul

fttrsbeerwench said:
I am taking the time to read content, but what you said is my point exactly. Why aren't more liberals speaking up?
Please don't come back and say it's because libs have no opinion, I didn't ask this to get bashed in the head, I was just asking for a hands up. :howdy:
i have no political views and i don't take sides......i never post on political subjects, maybe i'm ignorant for not voting or careing.....it's just how i am,

drowningblue

vraiblonde said:
We've gotten many liberals on here - they just don't stay long because very few folks on here agree with their ideology. Unless then can find something else to keep them amused, like Dems and Buddy Lee did, or they truly enjoy the debate, like Rraley does. Then there are the ones that just like to hang around and irritate the conservatives, like JLab. :lol:

Also, there are more Democrats than you'd think just by reading their posts. It's just that they're conservative Democrats, not liberals.

As someone who (in the little reading I have done on this forum) is far more liberal than anyone I have seen post on this board (again only going by what I have read in the maybe 12- 15 topics I have browsed through), I would say it is because people who have more liberal leanings tend to congregate in other places. I was directed to this board to read a certain topic that had nothing to do with politics and after I read that topic I started looking around the forums. Most of the posts and responses I looked at seems to be one-sided and there wasn't alot of discussion going on mostly "this is what I believe and if you don't believe it you are wrong" responses on topics that tend to be more conservative leaning. There is nothing wrong with being strong in your beliefs and I admire that, I just think if most people who didn't agree with the beliefs posted saw that they probably would not waste their time arguing something that they know they aren't going to win. (Notice I didn't post in any of these topics.) Now as for why the people who are here aren't posting I couldn't answer that, maybe for the same reasons, but apparently they have posted before if you all know they are here. LOL

itsbob

I bowl overhand
fttrsbeerwench said:
I'll be ANYThing you want me to be!! :peace:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I am considered a lib on here, but a conservative other places. But Vrai is right I do tend to bait the rights, because nobody else here does. I can't stand a right wing love fest any more than a left wing one. Since nobody else goes again 'em I end up being Mr. Gadfly. Don't worry Vrai, I irritate everybody, the wife, the kids, even the dog & cat. (Especially that d&#* cat)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jlabsher said:
I am considered a lib on here
I don't really consider you a lib, although sometimes I'll call you that just to see if I can get under your skin. :biggrin: You come out for too many conservative causes to be a liberal. I more think of you as a chronic Bush-basher and general pebble in the shoe. :lol:

Spoiled

Im still here, im a lib, i just dont bother posting because it just turns to person insults usualy "liar", "stupid kid" regardless of the point ive brought up.

BuddyLee

Football addict
drowningblue said:
As someone who (in the little reading I have done on this forum) is far more liberal than anyone I have seen post on this board (again only going by what I have read in the maybe 12- 15 topics I have browsed through), I would say it is because people who have more liberal leanings tend to congregate in other places. I was directed to this board to read a certain topic that had nothing to do with politics and after I read that topic I started looking around the forums. Most of the posts and responses I looked at seems to be one-sided and there wasn't alot of discussion going on mostly "this is what I believe and if you don't believe it you are wrong" responses on topics that tend to be more conservative leaning. There is nothing wrong with being strong in your beliefs and I admire that, I just think if most people who didn't agree with the beliefs posted saw that they probably would not waste their time arguing something that they know they aren't going to win. (Notice I didn't post in any of these topics.) Now as for why the people who are here aren't posting I couldn't answer that, maybe for the same reasons, but apparently they have posted before if you all know they are here. LOL

:yeahthat: I hate the preaching to the quire discussions. There is no debate so why involve yourself any further with your ideology.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
As I have said here before I am a registered Democrat and while a lot of stuff posted on here is of only one ideology it all isn't. If you disagree with what a person posts it is up to you to provide your point of view countering it. I have done that quite often and have both taken and given lumps while doing so.

There are several groups of posters on here from liberal to conservative with the majority somewhere in the middle as moderates. Depending on the specifics of the topic I have seen die-hard conservatives give what I would consider a liberal backing and vice versus (though not as often for the few die-hard liberals).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Spoiled said:
it just turns to person insults usualy "liar",
That's because you make accusations that are easily proven untrue - like trying to tell us that St. Mary's Schools renamed French Fries "Freedom Fries". A quick trip to the SMCPS website put that one to rest.

fttrsbeerwench

My favorite drinking toast.

Here's to you, :cheers:
Here's to me, :cheers:
If we should ever disagree, :shutup:

#### you!! :bonk:

Here's to me :diva:

:moon: I'sm just being an ass

Spoiled

vraiblonde said:
That's because you make accusations that are easily proven untrue - like trying to tell us that St. Mary's Schools renamed French Fries "Freedom Fries". A quick trip to the SMCPS website put that one to rest.
It was confirmed that Leonardtown did, you also made it clear the only other places that did it where like the pentagon and the white house IIRC... Search the F911 thread i started, its all there... It was confirmed by rraley that LHS did call them that... School starts soon, go ask the upper classmen if it happened...

fttrsbeerwench

revivin' the thread...

Ok , back on topic here.

Is anyone gonna vote GREEN, I had some guy at work insist that since i didn't care for so-and-so I should vote Rep. I have other saying they are voting Green "no matter if Bush and stuck Kerry stuck flags up their *sses, and farted the 'Star-spangled Banner'. Doesn't that weaken the validity of the votes. What if there's another close race :whistle: . wouldnt those votes be better used for one of the major parties favor.

Let me emphasize, that I am not a politcal person. I am really curious how to go here. Truth be known, I think they both suck. All I know is my point of view on the things that I care about and the things that affect my life ...........hmm pretty good disclaimer huh?

Steve

Enjoying life!
fttrsbeerwench said:
Let me emphasize, that I am not a politcal person. I am really curious how to go here. Truth be known, I think they both suck. All I know is my point of view on the things that I care about and the things that affect my life ...........hmm pretty good disclaimer huh?

If that's what you believe in, good for you. The Green Party draws little support nationwide because of its tight little platform. I got this excerpt from the website (for those who could care less about Greens...)

Community-based economics, e.g. LETS, local purchasing, co-housing
Decentralisation, e.g. via Bioregional democracy, sustainable agriculture
Ecological Wisdom, e.g. ending human-caused extinction, promoting ecological health
Feminism, e.g. Health security especially for mothers and children, and thus a focus on environmental health
Grassroots democracy, e.g. via electoral reform to improve deliberative democracy
Non-violence, e.g. via de-escalation, peace processes
Personal and global responsibility, e.g. moral purchasing, voluntary simplicity
Respect for diversity, e.g. via fair trade, bioregional democracy
Social justice, e.g. harm reduction rather than zero tolerance
Future Focus/Sustainability, e.g. measuring well-being effect over seven generations, leading to what is called seven-generation sustainability

I think the Quakers have most of this stuff covered. But I have to ask you, what is meant by 'co-housing'? Is that a communal set-up? And how do Greens promote 'harm reduction' over 'zero-tolerance?

Consider the thread bumped...