American Community Survey

limblips

PREMO Member
Have you ever received a survey named "American Community Survey" from the census bureau? I received one today and did some researched it to ensure it was legit. It is. I also found out that not responding comes with a threat that "your response is required by law" and I could be subject to a $5000.00 fine. So I went to the site and filled out the survey (although I did not answer many questions). It is the most invasive survey I have ever seen. It is none of their business for most of the questions. If they want to know my income, check with the IRS. If they want to know my mortgage payment check with my bank which is provided in my tax returns. If they want to know how many times I have been married, how long I have lived here, when did I get married last, how many cars I have, how many rooms are in my house, or any other personal information they won't be getting it from me. Send in the SWAT team. They of course claim the data provided is only used for statistics and is completely secure. My information that was in the governments hands as a retired military and government employee has been compromised twice so my comfort level is not high. If the government would keep tabs on illegals, criminals, and politicians like they try to keep on me then maybe this country wouldn't be so screwed up. Sorry for the rant but I am pissed that the government thinks they can threaten me with fines for not voluntarily providing personal data most of which they already have and have proven they cannot protect from unauthorized disclosure.

Reactions: BOP

TCROW

Sorry for the false alarm. Seems legit

I understand there is some question as to the legality of the government requiring this by law. I can’t imagine any punishment is really possible, just like the Obama care “fine”.

Bleu_sarcelle

Have you ever received a survey named "American Community Survey" from the census bureau? I received one today and did some researched it to ensure it was legit. It is. I also found out that not responding comes with a threat that "your response is required by law" and I could be subject to a $5000.00 fine. So I went to the site and filled out the survey (although I did not answer many questions). It is the most invasive survey I have ever seen. It is none of their business for most of the questions. If they want to know my income, check with the IRS. If they want to know my mortgage payment check with my bank which is provided in my tax returns. If they want to know how many times I have been married, how long I have lived here, when did I get married last, how many cars I have, how many rooms are in my house, or any other personal information they won't be getting it from me. Send in the SWAT team. They of course claim the data provided is only used for statistics and is completely secure. My information that was in the governments hands as a retired military and government employee has been compromised twice so my comfort level is not high. If the government would keep tabs on illegals, criminals, and politicians like they try to keep on me then maybe this country wouldn't be so screwed up. Sorry for the rant but I am pissed that the government thinks they can threaten me with fines for not voluntarily providing personal data most of which they already have and have proven they cannot protect from unauthorized disclosure.
I did! In 2010ish probably. I was really shocked at the questions. They were totally over the line and no one's business. I ignored it, but got another one with the threat of the fine. So, I wrote on each page "none of your business" and sent it in. They sent me a new one and I ignored it. They put a case worker from the area on me and she started calling me...non-stop. She even called my work. The final straw was when she showed up at my door on Easter Sunday morning. I told her to get off my property and never contact me again. I talked to a police officer at my place of business and he said to send her a certified letter stating to not have any further contact with me and if she did, I would report her to the police. Finally, she backed off. I never sent it in. I was never fined. And, yes, there was a question about whether I was an American citizen or not.

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious....every bit of info you complained about is already public knowledge...it is not private.

Income levels are readily available from numerous sources. (You likely hand it out willy nilly in various "consumer surveys" or on warranty cards.

Your mortgage is on file in you county land office as is any data related to ownership of real property.

Marriages...also very public records available at your county courthouse.

There is very little data that isn't public. The only real reason anyone would steal your "private data" (i.e. your SSN) is to open credit cards. You want to do the most to prevent that from happening, freeze your account at the credit agencies. Naturally none of the above should come as news or be a surprise...unless you have been living under a rock the past decade or so.

limblips

PREMO Member
Just to point out the stunningly obvious....every bit of info you complained about is already public knowledge...it is not private.

Income levels are readily available from numerous sources. (You likely hand it out willy nilly in various "consumer surveys" or on warranty cards.

Your mortgage is on file in you county land office as is any data related to ownership of real property.

There is very little data that isn't public. The only real reason anyone would steal your "private data" (i.e. your SSN) is to open credit cards. You want to do the most to prevent that from happening, freeze your account at the credit agencies. Naturally none of the above should come as news or be a surprise...unless you have been living under a rock the past decade or so.
STFU you idiot.

Hijinx

If it's all so readily available why do they send out a survey, they can just look it up.
It's not like the Government doesn't have some people sitting around doing nothing, that they could put to work on the project.

limblips

PREMO Member
Of 39 million sperm the one that got through became tranny. The best must have run down her mommas leg. In the OP I addressed the fact that the government had most of the requested information already. Because her brain cells lack sufficient synapses she is incapable of comprehension or she just spouted off without ever reading my post. Either way she is a total waste of sperm and makes a very good example of post birth abortion.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Well: She got me on a word a little while ago so she isn't totally ignorant, but (she/he whatever the hell it is) is afflicted with a terrible case of hate.

Bleu_sarcelle

Good morning, Moron! Thank you so much for treating others the way you would want to be treated. Thank goodness for you, since you know everything! Have you received one of these surveys? Not all of the questions are public knowledge and make people uncomfortable because the are intrusive. But you really don’t demonstrate any knowledge or skill of how to interact with others.

Bleu_sarcelle

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 218