American Exceptionalism

SkylarkTempest

While you want to blame Trump exclusively for this perhaps you should consider this....

A lot of people may have dropped the ball, but if there is blood on anyone's hands, it is not exclusive. It is far reaching and on both parties. Perhaps if they were not trying to destroy each other, they might have worked together the way a real government should. The two party system is now a detriment to the American way. The sooner the democratic party and republican party are destroyed, the better.

I'm sorry, did I mention Trump in my post? I believe the title of the thread was American Exceptionalism.

SkylarkTempest

We get it: you hate America and despise her people.

Question: why don't you take your unhappy ass somewhere else?

But I don't hate America. I just think we've reach a point where we aren't exceptional anymore. We aren't a country that can do great things. We're dysfunctional politically and our culture lacks the integrity and moral backbone it once had.

SamSpade

We aren't a country that can do great things.

Curious then - which one - is? Or still is?

I do think America is exceptional, for a lot of reasons - not the least of which is, we are a nation bound by ideas and not genetics.
I think Americans are an incredible people and it isn't fantastic PR that compels people all over the world to want to come here.

But if you think it is not exceptional - when did THAT happen? It's always been politically divided - we've had points in our history
when our leaders fought on the floor of the House - where they DUELED one another. Where we split and went to war with each other.
You realize that the origin of the donkey for Democrats - is because they publicly regarded Andrew Jackson - as a jackass?
It has never been nice - even during the Revolution, the campaign against Washington - arguably one of the greatest leaders this nation shall EVER see - was brutal and cruel - and after he'd had enough of DC, could not wait to go home to Mount Vernon - where he died just two years later.

We have ALWAYS been at each other's throats.

But American exceptionalism is not measured by its government - but by its people, and I am continually impressed by them.

CPUSA

When you say the number of cases per million, do you mean the statistic that has more than doubled in the last two days from 2 to 5? If they're getting hammered, doesn't that mean we are, too? Am I missing something here?

Let me see if I can explain to you in words you'll understand...

You're an idiot. What yo are missing is referred to as common sense and a cognitive thought process.

Your posts prove to us you are lacking both of these important things needed to understand....well, ANYTHING that you can't seem to wrap your pea sized brain around.
YOU really only have ONE choice to make sense of ALL things you ponder...

CPUSA

But I don't hate America. I just think we've reach a point where we aren't exceptional anymore. We aren't a country that can do great things. We're dysfunctional politically and our culture lacks the integrity and moral backbone it once had.
This right here is why you are inferior to even the homeless derelicts here in America....
You are truly pathetic...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You need to get a few stamps in your passport then report back here with what you see going on outside our borders.

My time in the service took me to around 45 countries. You learn a lot about your home nation when you travel abroad.

WingsOfGold

Have you ever been off the NA continent? :rolleyes: Get back to me when another country does what we have done over 50 years ago. Yes we are dysfunctional politically, unappreciative pos like Cortez, the refugee moslem and the likes of Pelosi and others phucking it up for all.

1155968404_3600841548001_140531-obama-bergdahl-parents-ap-605.jpg

Toxick

Splat
But I don't hate America. I just think we've reach a point where we aren't exceptional anymore.

I would have to agree with this.

We aren't a country that can do great things.

I disagree with you here.

Partly. I think there is an enormous untapped potential in this country. That potential, however, is being stifled because it benefits various elites and powers that be to keep it stifled. The status quo gives them power and money and they'll see the entire freaking planet in hell before they allow it to change.

This is to the sad unlamented detriment of this nation, and, frankly, this species.

We're dysfunctional politically and our culture lacks the integrity and moral backbone it once had.

And we're back to agreement.

The political and cultural dysfunction are one in the same. I wish I knew how to fix it. But I do know how to identify it.
The idiots - the ones causing and/or perpetuating the problem, are the ones who are:

1. Most vocal
  2. Get the most press
  3. Have the largest audiences
  4. Are in the rest of our faces 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  5. Do not represent the vast majority of the people, despite thinking they do.
And the slobbering idiots who idolize and aspire to be among these people.

Unfortunately, nothing short of an apocalypse (one where we're not convinced that we're saving the world by binging Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness and eating loaded baked potatoes on our recliner) will shake us away from this direction.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I would have to agree with this.
Not me. What other nation has contributed more in terms of innovation, inventions, athletes, nobel prize winners, trendsetters, risk takers, freedoms, etc? Maybe if you compare the US of today to our nation 40 years ago, you might have a valid argument.

rmorse

Are you saying that you want to....make America great again?

Toxick

Splat
Not me. What other nation has contributed more in terms of innovation, inventions, athletes, nobel prize winners, trendsetters, risk takers, freedoms, etc? Maybe if you compare the US of today to our nation 40 years ago, you might have a valid argument.

I kind of was comparing our nation to 40 years ago. The original quote I was responding to was: I just think we've reach a point where we aren't exceptional anymore.

I would never say that this nation has not contributed its fair share to history and the Future of Mankind. At one point were weren't just the best nation in the world - we were the greatest nation that ever existed. We put a man on the moon for Christ's sake. We literally went from horse-and-buggy to SPACE TRAVEL in the span of one (1) human lifetime. We were considered the "The Free World". We could have terraformed Mars and be getting to work in flying automated cars by now, if something didn't happen to turn us into a nation of tide-pod eating, cat-meme watching, ho-slapping, internet-challenge performing, easily offended retards.

Now when I hear an Americans talk about "The Greatest Country in the World", I am reminded of a Cowboys fan in 2020 bragging about their 5 Superbowl wins. When someone uses the phrase "Go ahead, it's a free country" I derisively laugh in their face. Although, granted, I don't hear that phrase much any more.

I'm sorry - but the current crop of Sensational American Greatness is on the low end of mediocre.

At best.

I guess we still make the best movies, and the best music. That's something, I suppose.

Athough, it's kind of like a D- student who scores an A+ in Basket Weaving 101.