American Idol 5/2

Jameo

What?!
So, who is going home tonight? :tap: I think everyone did great last night. Except Paris doing that Mary J. Blige song :boo:

nomoney

I hope she's in the bottom two. And I think Katherine might be there as well thanks to that first song she did.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hard to say. They all did fairly well. I didn't like Chris's second song, I think he struggled with it. I didn't think Katherine did well with her first song. Elliott's first song wasn't so good. I think Paris sings well, I just don't like her. I love Taylor, he's just a riot. He did Something really well, I thought.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
I think Katherine is going tonight. I think it is going to come down to Taylor and Chris, with Chris being the winner.

Geek

Loved Katherine in second song and Taylor is my favorite!

KT TUNSTALL LYRICS

"Black Horse & The Cherry Tree"

Two, three, four

(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

Well my heart knows me better than I know myself
So I'm gonna let it do all the talking.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
I came across a place in the middle of nowhere
With a big black horse and a cherry tree.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

I fell in fear, upon my back
I said don't look back, just keep on walking.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
When the big black horse that looked this way,
Said hey lady, will you marry me?
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

But I said no, no, no,no-no-no
I said no, no, you're not the one for me
No, no, no,no-no-no

(ooooo,woo-hoo)

And my heart had a problem, in the early hours,
So it stopped it dead for a beat or two.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
But I cut some cord, and I shouldn't have done that,
And it won't forgive me after all these years
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

So I sent her to a place in the middle of nowhere
With a big black horse and a cherry tree.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
Now it won't come back , cause it's oh so happy
And now I've got a hole for the world to see
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

But it said no, no, no,no-no-no
No, no, no,no-no-no
Said no, no, you're not the one for me

(ooooo,woo-hoo) (not the one for me, yeah)
(ooooo,woo-hoo)
Said no,no, no,no, no, no, no
You're not the one for me
Said no,no, no,no, no, no, no
You're not the one for me

Big black horse and a cherry tree
I can't quite get there cause they've all forsaken me
Big black horse and a cherry tree
I can't quite get there cause they've all forsaken me

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
I think Taylor & Paris are the bottom two with Paris going home.

I think the end is going to be Katerine & Chris with Chris winning.

Toxick

Splat
My take on last night:

In this order from best to worst

1) Chris: 10/8
2) Elliot: 8/9
3) Catherine 5/8
4) Taylor: 6/5
5) Paris: 4/6

Chris and Elliot: what can I say. Chris's first performance was flawless. Elliot is Elliot, and I think that's enough.

I think Catherine blew the first one, but came back in the second one.

Taylor: He's my son's favorite. That was the first time my boy had heard Wild Cherry - And he said, "DAD! That guy is saying bad words in his song!". :lmao: I said, "No buddy - he said, play that funky music! Funky is ok."

Anyway - Taylor is not my favorite (although I have to root for him now) because the more I watch him, the more I have to agree with Simon. He appears to be someone's dad who had too much to drink at a party, and is throwing down an adequate performance. But nothing to write home about.

And why did he sing that old fossil when he was supposed to pick a song from today's charts? I like the Beatles as much as the next guy, but he cheated on that one.

Paris: I didn't like either of her song choices. There are some songs that should be banned from AI - and I think 'Kiss' should be one of them. Her second performance was better, but I think she could have done better. It wasn't her best night.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Catherine was history after her 1st song but pulled her butt from the fire with the 2nd song. Taylor did his usual great job on both songs, Chris nailed both songs IMO,even tho the judges thought he was weak on the 2nd. Elliott and Paris brought up the rear. Elliot goes tonight, just cuz he doesnt have the charisma Taylor and Chris have.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't watch Idol, but when I see the recap on Fox and Friends the next morning, the only one that makes me say, "Damn, I wish I'd have seen that whole song" is Taylor. They all can sing, but he's the only one that's entertaining.

D

dems4me

Jameo said:
So, who is going home tonight? :tap: I think everyone did great last night. Except Paris doing that Mary J. Blige song :boo:

I didn't like Katherine's first song choice -- again, I think she picked a song that was too hard for her to do like she did last week, but did well on her last one. I think Taylor should have won last night - hey was great and he sang that song Somethnig really well and put feeling into it - not wild about the song but he did a really, really great job on it :clap:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
CowGirlUp said:
I think Taylor & Paris are the bottom two with Paris going home.

I think the end is going to be Katerine & Chris with Chris winning.

:yeahthat: But I think Kat's gonna take it with Chris coming in 2nd ( which in the long run I think will be better for his carrer)

I LOVED Kat doing Cherry Tree and OMG did Chris look hot in that black leather jacket?

I read an interview with him that said every song he sings he sings to his wife. Ya gotta love that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
I don't watch Idol, but when I see the recap on Fox and Friends the next morning, the only one that makes me say, "Damn, I wish I'd have seen that whole song" is Taylor. They all can sing, but he's the only one that's entertaining.

This is the first time I've every watched it. I just love Taylor because he is entertaining. He's enjoying himself. He can sing too, but he usually chooses songs that don't really show how well he can sing.

D

dems4me

MysticalMom said:
:yeahthat: But I think Kat's gonna take it with Chris coming in 2nd ( which in the long run I think will be better for his carrer)

I LOVED Kat doing Cherry Tree and OMG did Chris look hot in that black leather jacket?

I read an interview with him that said every song he sings he sings to his wife. Ya gotta love that.

I really hope you are right!!! :roflmao:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
vraiblonde said:

Soul Patrol. :lmao:

He is a fantastic entertainer. The kind that makes you smile in spite of yourself.

D

dems4me

MysticalMom said:
Soul Patrol. :lmao:

He is a fantastic entertainer. The kind that makes you smile in spite of yourself.

I was kind of hoping he'd sing a current (as in a "real" current song) to see how he does and if he could hang... instead he sang an older song redone and did a really good job, but it was still kind of kareookeeish in my opinion - only because it was an old classic not the way it was sung... I like him, I think he's funny, and love anyone prematurely grey as I can relate, but am concerned that he doesn't sing anything really current? Almost like if he wins American idol and cuts an album, it'll be the best of Righteous Brothers Hits or somthing :shrug: Personally, if I didn't have an ongoing wager with a forumite on this, I'd pull for Taylor, I like him the best, just concerned because I havn't heard him sing something that wasnt an older song :shrug: