Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
???

If you have a gun in your house, and some terrorist was runnning around your neighborhood, you wouldn't lock and load?

Hell no! I'd leave the door unlocked and a sign that said "Dear cops: Come in and search - don't forget the crawlspace", then I'd pack Apollo and my laptop in the car and we'd be gone until the bad guy was either caught or for sure not in my neck of the woods.

I have zero interest in taking on some Islamic terrorist.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
???

If you have a gun in your house, and some terrorist was runnning around your neighborhood, you wouldn't lock and load?

Where were y'all? I asked the gun people talking about "BOston Liberals coweing" on Facebook why they didn't grab their AR-15 and assist with the search (tongue in cheek obviously) and they had more excuses than someone in court.

It's pretty easy to sit back from afar and run your fingers but you weren't there.:shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
Where were y'all? I asked the gun people talking about "BOston Liberals coweing" on Facebook why they didn't grab their AR-15 and assist with the search (tongue in cheek obviously) and they had more excuses than someone in court.

It's pretty easy to sit back from afar and run your fingers but you weren't there.:shrug:

Gun owners, responsible ones, would never pick up a gun and form a posse when the police are in control and already mobilized and hunting.
Gun owners, responsible ones, would know to stay the hell out of the way at this point.
However, to lock and load in your own home and stay inside ready is a totally different story.

I wouldn't help out like that because in the first place, I would have no idea who I was looking for and am not willing to take a chance on killing the wrong person.

BigBlue

Thank you. I get so effing tired of these idiots who whine and pule about terrorists and crime, then whine and pule about anything that might prevent the crime or apprehend the perp. What were the cops supposed to freaking do??

Effing idiots.

I agree with this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey Vrai, doesn't this make you feel a little dirty.

It makes me question my judgment a bit, yes. :lol:

BUT! One of the cool things about being me is that I don't have to be pigeonholed into a particular political party or liberal vs. conservative ideology. I can support any position that makes the most sense to me.

:diva:

BOP

Thank you. I get so effing tired of these idiots who whine and pule about terrorists and crime, then whine and pule about anything that might prevent the crime or apprehend the perp. What were the cops supposed to freaking do??

Effing idiots.

If blueballs likes your post, you're probably on the wrong track.

Midnightrider

Considering the gun laws in Boston, I would imagine it could go fairly bad for him.
however if this same thing would have happened elsewhere, quickly putting the gun down could have been a good outcome.

There is nothing in Boston or MA law that prohibits the keeping of firearms in the home. I would imagine a lot of people had their guns in plain sight when the police walked through. They probably weren't stupid enough to open the door for police while holding them though.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
It's interesting that gun control has become a part of this thread.

How can anyone make a logical argument and push back against statist efforts against gun control in the wake of Sandy Hook but at the same time be for this stripping of 4th amendment protections discussed in this thread?

Seems to me the statists on both sides are selling you the same bill of goods: in the name of your safety, you need to give up because we know what's good for you.

How can anyone reconcile those two polar opposite positions? Why are we picking and choosing what rights we're willing to give up?

terbear1225

good little subject ... give up your rights

Jesus H Christ, what is it that you arent understanding?!

The cops have the right to ask to search my home

I have the right to demand a warrant but I ALSO have the right to say "go right ahead". I do not give up any rights by willingly cooperating!

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Jesus H Christ, what is it that you arent understanding?!

The cops have the right to ask to search my home

I have the right to demand a warrant but I ALSO have the right to say "go right ahead". I do not give up any rights by willingly cooperating!

Actually, the issue here is that in Boston last Friday, "exigent circumstances" were declared, which means that you didn't have the right to refuse.

Otherwise, you are absolutely correct.

Inkd

It's interesting that gun control has become a part of this thread.

How can anyone make a logical argument and push back against statist efforts against gun control in the wake of Sandy Hook but at the same time be for this stripping of 4th amendment protections discussed in this thread?

Seems to me the statists on both sides are selling you the same bill of goods: in the name of your safety, you need to give up because we know what's good for you.

How can anyone reconcile those two polar opposite positions? Why are we picking and choosing what rights we're willing to give up?

I think to me the main differences are the circumstances. If exigent circumstances were declared to enable law enforcement to temporarily bypass 4th amendment protection, it's temporary.

Legislation proposed on the 2nd amendment was going to be permanent. To me that's the difference.

Was I thrilled about what happened in Boston? No. But, due to the circumstances being what they were, I could understand it. Not like it, but understand it.