Amish horses killed by lightening?

Sparks

Anyone read in the August Equiery that several Amish horses in St. Mary's were struck and killed by lightening in July? It also said there was a horse killed in La Plata too.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Sparks said:
Anyone read in the August Equiery that several Amish horses in St. Mary's were struck and killed by lightening in July? It also said there was a horse killed in La Plata too.

Didn't read about it but that is sad!

Sparks

My, my there are some rude people on this board. I just found out what the red karma is. How nice. What I like even better is that it's annonymous. Now THAT takes balls.

Mikeinsmd

It's that damn George Bush again!!! :mad: He wiped out a good portion of poor Indonesians and Louisianians and NOW he's after our poor Amish!!! He better get that damn weathermax 2000 fixed!!! :ohwell:

Nanny Pam

Mikeinsmd said:
It's that damn George Bush again!!! :mad: He wiped out a good portion of poor Indonesians and Louisianians and NOW he's after our poor Amish!!! He better get that damn weathermax 2000 fixed!!! :ohwell:
Will someone please tell me the difference between an Amish horse & a Catholic horse?

Mikeinsmd

Nanny Pam said:
Will someone please tell me the difference between an Amish horse & a Catholic horse?
Amish horses don't drive cars, use electricity and attend church all day on Sunday. :yay:

camily

Peace
Mikeinsmd said:
Read all about it here. But be forewarned!! Karma here is REAL and affects your life!! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!! :huggy:
Yes, red karma means you have been condemned to Hell. Green karma means Kryptonite won't hurt you. YW.

BrassieChic

Is there ANYWAY to protect those horses out there in the elements from the lightening? Maybe Lightening RODS on their heads or something! IT's very sad.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Nanny Pam said:

In barns, Amish horses use candles Catholic horses us lights... :whistle:

Mikeinsmd

BrassieChic said:
Is there ANYWAY to protect those horses out there in the elements from the lightening? Maybe Lightening RODS on their heads or something! IT's very sad.
Yea, that'll do it. :jameo:

Todays lesson kids....

light·ning
n. An abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere. The visible flash of light accompanying such a discharge.

light·en·ing, light·en v. light·ened, light·ens v. tr. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten. To make (a color) lighter.

bcp

In My Opinion
Sparks said:

and in a related story.

St. Mary's Amish Community plans BBQ
to promote interfaith unity in the county.

Plenty of free fresh meat for all that attend.
bottles of glue to be handed out as door prizes

MMDad

Lem Putt
Mikeinsmd said:
light·en·ing, light·en v. light·ened, light·ens v. tr. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten. To make (a color) lighter.
I never understood why people bleach horses. Don't they know it can kill them?