Ammo - OMG!

PsyOps

Pixelated
So I just bought a Baretta 92FS. Searching around on the web there is absolutely no ammo available anywhere. The who buying frenzy is insane. 9mm is thought to be about the most available round out there, but it can't be found anywhere.

Where are you folks getting your ammo?

thatguy

So I just bought a Baretta 92FS. Searching around on the web there is absolutely no ammo available anywhere. The who buying frenzy is insane. 9mm is thought to be about the most available round out there, but it can't be found anywhere.

tackle box had a sign out saying that they had 9mm earlier in the week. Probably expensive.....

From the drawers in my firearms closet. :smile:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I can get what I want for home, but the brand I wanted for target practice isn't available anywhere (American Eagle 115gr). Any recommendations?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can get what I want for home, but the brand I wanted for target practice isn't available anywhere (American Eagle 115gr). Any recommendations?

Yeah. Practice with what you mean to use for 'home'. One of the worst things people do, in my view, is go shoot 200 rounds to practice for what is likely to be, and hopefully never is needed, a couple of very stressful shots.

This will make the load feel 'normal' especially if it is a 'plus' load. You will have confidence in how it feeds. Some HP's have issues from time to time that may well be the pistol. Better to know that now. And, because of the expense, your practice will likely be more focused.

This is to say, in no way, am I opposed to not shooting lots of rounds. Just something to consider in this day of $.60 rounds.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wait it out. Just like after obamy was elected the first time, there was a run on guns and ammo. 6 or 8 months later, everything was available.

Well, I need to get something to try this thing out. My concern is something is going to get passed (or pushed by EO) to limit how much ammo you can buy and that it's going to be strictly tracked; making it nearly impossible to buy at all.

TNRabbit

WalMarts in Prince Frederick, Dunkirk & Hanover say they have limited stock:

Walmart store #1716—Prince Frederick
150 Solomons Island Rd N
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-3790

Walmart store #5345—Dunkirk
10600 Towne Center Blvd
Dunkirk, MD 20754
(410) 257-2610

Walmart store #3490—Hanover
7081 Arundel Mills Cir
Hanover, MD 21076
(410) 579-8725

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
WalMart in PF & Dunkirk says they have limited stock:

Walmart store #1716—Prince Frederick
150 Solomons Island Rd N
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-3790

Walmart store #5345—Dunkirk
10600 Towne Center Blvd
Dunkirk, MD 20754
(410) 257-2610

I thought they said they were going to stop selling ammo?