Ammo - OMG!

Vince

Gun Show ........ Gun Store

Walmart ?
I've found that Gun Show's are more expensive for ammo. Walmart used to sell 9mm cheap, but I think they've jumped on the liberal obamy band wagon and stopped selling anything gun related. :shrug: I buy on line from cheaper than dirt, sportsmans guide or ammoman, but everything I click on those sites = Backordered until Oct 2013. It will open up sooner or later.

thatguy

I've found that Gun Show's are more expensive for ammo. Walmart used to sell 9mm cheap, but I think they've jumped on the liberal obamy band wagon and stopped selling anything gun related. :shrug: I buy on line from cheaper than dirt, sportsmans guide or ammoman, but everything I click on those sites = Backordered until Oct 2013. It will open up sooner or later.

i bought some ammo at walmart the other day and they had a rack full of long arms at the time :confused:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
JandG sales .com had some for $16 per 50 rd. box yesterday.... that was yesterday though.

Pushrod

Patriot
I haven't been able to find any 9mm luger recently, but I did score 1000 rounds of 9a18 makarov ammo from Classic Arms this week. Unfortunately my wife and I will shoot through that in a weekend at our course on the farm. Hopefully since it is such an unusual round that it will still be in stock the next go around.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I haven't had any problems finding ammo. The issue I have been running into is not getting the particular brand I want.

abcxyz

And try to find .22 LR ammunition....none much to be had unless it is match grade.

Dicks in Waldorf has Winchester M-22 40G black copper plated round nose1255FPS 2000 count for $109, limit 6. I've been there 3 times in the last 3 weeks, last time this past Friday, and they've always had 10+ boxes left after I got my 6.

10/22 BX-1 magazines are selling for $50-$70 on eBay, I picked up 20 of them last week for $375.

abcxyz

Dicks in Waldorf has Winchester M-22 40G black copper plated round nose1255FPS 2000 count for $109, limit 6. I've been there 3 times in the last 3 weeks, last time this past Friday, and they've always had 10+ boxes left after I got my 6.

10/22 BX-1 magazines are selling for $50-$70 on eBay, I picked up 20 of them last week for $375.

Correction- Dicks is now out of M-22 but has CCI Mini-Mag 36G copper plated hollow point 1260FPS 375 count for $27.99 still.

A delivery truck is coming tomorrow but they aren't sure what will be on it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I used to get prices at gun shows, very close to cheaper than dirt + Shipping

7.62x39 ofc

I am sure times have changed

I would be calling around to stores along I-81

maybe Larry will hook us up with Frederick Deals

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Really???? Sure that isn't for 25? I've noticed a lot of folks have switched from 50 to 25 in a cynical effort to lessen sticker shock.

Yeah it was 50, obviously as soon as someone shared the link I checked back a couple hours later and it too was sold out. I am just glad I stocked up on most everything as long ago as 2004-2007 time frame. Also glad i have a couple rifles chambered in 5.45 x39 because it is still available and relatively cheap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A delivery truck is coming tomorrow but they aren't sure what will be on it.

That's the same everywhre I guess; was at Bob's the other day and he's getting deliveries almost daily but never knows what is going to actually show up. He told me to forget about seeing any .223 for a good long time...

Interesting... hubby went out to do post-hunting stocking up on ammo and there was not to be found of what he was looking for at several places. His 4th attempt was someplace you don't think of for ammo and he found some there.

Then later today during a phone conversation with a relative from Manassas, VA she asked if we have been trouble finding ammo... her husband hasn't been able to find any anywhere.

Gee, guess we should have stocked up when the IRS and the National Weather Service were stocking up over the summer, huh...:bubble:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Scored 2400 rds of m855 today, needless to say it didn't last long. m193 didn't make out much better, all gone now.