Ammo question

MMDad

Lem Putt
Since there aren't enough Zimmerman treads yet, here's my addition.

As I prepare for the upcoming riots, what shotgun ammo would you suggest to stock up on?

I'm thinking that some bird shot is good in case I need it inside the house. Some #4 might be good to make a crowd want to go the other way, and some buckshot for those who do not disperse. And for a really dramatic effect, some deer slugs for the ringleaders.

Where's the best place to buy ammo in St. Mary's? Tackle box always seems pricey. Walmart has decent prices, but their selection sucks. I've gotten some great deals at Dick's during sales, but the regular prices are a bit high. Their selection seems to be getting worse also.

Chris0nllyn

As I prepare for the upcoming riots, what shotgun ammo would you suggest to stock up on?

I'm thinking that some bird shot is good in case I need it inside the house. Some #4 might be good to make a crowd want to go the other way, and some buckshot for those who do not disperse. And for a really dramatic effect, some deer slugs for the ringleaders.

Where's the best place to buy ammo in St. Mary's? Tackle box always seems pricey. Walmart has decent prices, but their selection sucks. I've gotten some great deals at Dick's during sales, but the regular prices are a bit high. Their selection seems to be getting worse also.

Buckshot.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Depends on how bad ya want to hurt em... Bird shot stings great and gets attention and buckshot makes a big ole mess. I'd say go with a heavy load #4. You should be fine..

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

00 Buck, both indoors and out.

MadDogMarine

Since Maryland is a "retreat" state, first off you will need a shotgun that has a plugged and vented barrel. Then purchase shotgun ammo that has no shot,just powder. That way every time you fire the shotgun you are moving backwards(from recoil) in the proper retreat fashion in order to be in compliance with the law.
"Maryland also follows the common law rule that, outside of one's home, a person, before using deadly force in self-defense, has the duty "'to retreat or avoid danger if such means were within his power and consistent with his safety.'" DeVaughn v. State, 232 Md. 447, 453, 194 A.2d 109, 112 (1963), cert. denied, 376 U.S. 527 (1964), quoting Bruce v. State, 218 Md. 87, 97, 145 A.2d 428, 433 (1958). See also Burch v. State, 346 Md. 253, 283, 696 A.2d 443, 458 (1997)."
Should the aggressor continue his/her pursuit, and you can retreat no further,you may then use the shotgun as a club!
Then, still using only enough clubbing force that is not considered "unreasonable and excessive force, meaning such force as prudent men would not have used under all the circumstances of the case." Id., 179 Md. at 600, 20 A.2d at 487.
If you didn't call 911 while retreating, in all likely hood your club use would be considered excessive force since the prudent thing to have done would have been to call 911.
Based upon the above, you may be better off falling to your knees and begging for mercy from the assailants. Forget the shotgun!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Since Maryland is a "retreat" state, first off you will need a shotgun that has a plugged and vented barrel. Then purchase shotgun ammo that has no shot,just powder. That way every time you fire the shotgun you are moving backwards(from recoil) in the proper retreat fashion in order to be in compliance with the law.
"Maryland also follows the common law rule that, outside of one's home, a person, before using deadly force in self-defense, has the duty "'to retreat or avoid danger if such means were within his power and consistent with his safety.'" DeVaughn v. State, 232 Md. 447, 453, 194 A.2d 109, 112 (1963), cert. denied, 376 U.S. 527 (1964), quoting Bruce v. State, 218 Md. 87, 97, 145 A.2d 428, 433 (1958). See also Burch v. State, 346 Md. 253, 283, 696 A.2d 443, 458 (1997)."
Should the aggressor continue his/her pursuit, and you can retreat no further,you may then use the shotgun as a club!
Then, still using only enough clubbing force that is not considered "unreasonable and excessive force, meaning such force as prudent men would not have used under all the circumstances of the case." Id., 179 Md. at 600, 20 A.2d at 487.
If you didn't call 911 while retreating, in all likely hood your club use would be considered excessive force since the prudent thing to have done would have been to call 911.
Based upon the above, you may be better off falling to your knees and begging for mercy from the assailants. Forget the shotgun!

:jameo: :cds: :jameo:

BTW what freaking riot?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The upcoming race riots.

Shotguns are inexpensive, own several, 12 guage.

Buy a pistol grip short barrel for close in, inside-the-home loaded with buckshot or slugs, to take out any perps without prejudice. Use a normal shotgun with a mix of birdshot/buck shot/slug for plinking off the porch (to keep 'em guessing), if the fun-loving, celebratory crowd, approaches your door.

Don't know about up there, but shotgun ammo is in plentiful supply down here. Everywhere.

Last edited:

MadDogMarine

:eyebrow: White people don't riot.

They call them "celebrations"

"Then in 1996, the town was hit by another riot. This was started by the white college population of the town after the famous local basketball team, the Wildcats, won the national championship.

According to news reports, the University campus and the surrounding areas were a disaster the morning after the win in ’96. Citizens who had the misfortune of parking their cars on the streets surrounding campus awoke to find nothing but a burned-out shell where their vehicles sat the night before. Store windows were smashed and buildings had been tagged with spray paint"

Another White Riot in Kentucky | Care2 Causes

b23hqb

PREMO Member
They call them "celebrations"

"Then in 1996, the town was hit by another riot. This was started by the white college population of the town after the famous local basketball team, the Wildcats, won the national championship.

According to news reports, the University campus and the surrounding areas were a disaster the morning after the win in ’96. Citizens who had the misfortune of parking their cars on the streets surrounding campus awoke to find nothing but a burned-out shell where their vehicles sat the night before. Store windows were smashed and buildings had been tagged with spray paint"

Another White Riot in Kentucky | Care2 Causes

Don't forget, you are talking about Can-tuck-eeee along with their brethern at WVU, and all innocent couches in between.

I would submit that peeps of non-color also participated in the festivities.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Shotguns are inexpensive, own several, 12 guage.

Buy a pistol grip short barrel for close in, inside-the-home loaded with buckshot or slugs, to take out any perps without prejudice. Use a normal shotgun with a mix of birdshot/buck shot/slug for plinking off the porch (to keep 'em guessing), if the fun-loving, celebratory crowd, approaches your door.

Don't know about up there, but shotgun ammo is in plentiful supply down here. Everywhere.

I have a short barrel and pistol grip, but I'm going with the stock. I learned to clear spaces on a ship using a shotgun with the stock. I'd rather have the sturdy contact with the stock than try to control it with a pistol grip. I'm also more comfortable pumping another round with it solidly against my shoulder.

The gunslinger pistol grip thing is great in the movies, but isn't really that good for the real thing. Unless you have a pistol grip in addition to the stock.

Buckshot and slugs in the house are a bad thing unless you know what is behind every wall. I want to take out the bad guy, not my kids. Close range birdshot is adequate for inside the house.

I wouldn't use any birdshot smaller than #4 outside. Not enough range, not enough energy at impact. If things get bad enough to actually shoot at someone I want it to be fatal. I don't believe in shooting to wound.

MMDad

Lem Putt

I realize that you are somewhat joking, but in case of riots and/or roving bands of thugs, I'm assuming there's no chance of outside help from police. And when it comes to protecting my family, I'll do whatever it takes regardless of what some pompous losers in Annapolis vote into law.

Graymatter

Keep a large knife handy. Shoot celebratory person. Drag them back into house. Place large knife in dead celebratory person`s hand. Call 911 and report intrusion.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fortunately...we're way too far away from the likely celebration grounds and 100 yds, wooded, from the road in any event. Great fields of fire and interlocking too.:buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Fortunately...we're way too far away from the likely celebration grounds and 100 yds, wooded, from the road in any event. Great fields of fire and interlocking too.:buddies:

Same here. If there are any problems here it'll likely be during my commute, which our benevolent leaders in Annapolis have deemed to be so safe that we are not allowed to protect ourselves. We just needed another Zimmerman tread though.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I have a short barrel and pistol grip, but I'm going with the stock. I learned to clear spaces on a ship using a shotgun with the stock. I'd rather have the sturdy contact with the stock than try to control it with a pistol grip. I'm also more comfortable pumping another round with it solidly against my shoulder.

The gunslinger pistol grip thing is great in the movies, but isn't really that good for the real thing. Unless you have a pistol grip in addition to the stock.

Buckshot and slugs in the house are a bad thing unless you know what is behind every wall. I want to take out the bad guy, not my kids. Close range birdshot is adequate for inside the house.

I wouldn't use any birdshot smaller than #4 outside. Not enough range, not enough energy at impact. If things get bad enough to actually shoot at someone I want it to be fatal. I don't believe in shooting to wound.

The pistol grip really works, man. Hard to miss in a house or even at 20 yards with a little practice. Just a little practice and you are the man.

Anything longer outside, a stock against the shoulder works just fine.