An ode to So MD

UglyBear

Just took the fam to St Mary’s City for some local history. As always, got caught up just taking in the beauty around us.

Sat in the sand next to the river, looking over its expanse. Beautiful white clouds rolling by, lush greenery on the banks as far as the eye could see. Ospreys taking care of the next generation in the nest. Generous water and fruitful soil.

I have seen many places in our great country and many beyond, but it would be hard to find a sweeter place than here. He who made this Earth truly put a bit more effort into our little corner.

It’s a good place to be.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just took the fam to St Mary’s City for some local history. As always, got caught up just taking in the beauty around us.

Sat in the sand next to the river, looking over its expanse. Beautiful white clouds rolling by, lush greenery on the banks as far as the eye could see. Ospreys taking care of the next generation in the nest. Generous water and fruitful soil.

I have seen many places in our great country and many beyond, but it would be hard to find a sweeter place than here. He who made this Earth truly put a bit more effort into our little corner.

It’s a good place to be.
Have you ever visited the US southwest?

UglyBear

Have you ever visited the US southwest?
Do Vegas, Phoenix, and Hoover Dam count?
Sadly, only either high-alt desert or the cities. Really want to drive through SW, and especially gorge myself on food there — love the SW cuisine.

Otherwise, mid-Atlantic, with its rivers and greenery, is more to my liking.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's always nice to see your home like a tourist. When we live there we take it for granted, so it's good to jump on the tourism websites and TripAdvisor to remind yourself of the cool things your area has to offer, then go do them.