And the winner was

you have to admit though, that camper would look cool as hell coming through the Rocky mountains on the back of that honda hybrid.:lmao:

I used to tow a 17' wood boat with a heavy-as-heck motor behind a Subaru Brat. I think the boat outweighed the car by 2:1. Always exciting at a red light on a hill........

bcp

In My Opinion
I used to tow a 17' wood boat with a heavy-as-heck motor behind a Subaru Brat. I think the boat outweighed the car by 2:1. Always exciting at a red light on a hill........
I watched a guy at chicken bone park (sandy point) do that with a small truck.
he hit the brakes to stop the truck going down the ramp and the boat pulled him right on into the water..

no,, I did not laugh.

in front of him.:killingme

Rael

Supper's Ready
Seriously though, that looks really good. It must be confusing when looking for one if one doesn't know exactly what they want. I'd always be tempted to buy more than I need, getting carried away by everything.

bcp

In My Opinion
Seriously though, that looks really good. It must be confusing when looking for one if one doesn't know exactly what they want. I'd always be tempted to buy more than I need, getting carried away by everything.
thats why it took us so long.
we had to look at every model available, then look at every brochure, then the internet.
then we decided what we (pronounced they) wanted.
separate bedrooms, and the slide outs to make the living area bigger.
and, we wanted the covered and insulated bottom with the tank heaters so the water tanks woudlnt freeze in cold weather.

this is the first that had it all.
I was tired of looking. its 5 ft bigger than I wanted, and a couple thousand pounds heavier.

bohman

I watched a guy at chicken bone park (sandy point) do that with a small truck.
he hit the brakes to stop the truck going down the ramp and the boat pulled him right on into the water..

Did you hang around to watch him try to drag the boat back uphill? That's always fun, too, tires smoking and driver cussing a blue streak.

I've been telling folks for years that you can get all the free entertainment you could ever want at a busy boat ramp. Drama, comedy, education - it's all there. :yay:

That's why my boat is in a slip; I'm pretty sure I'd be one of the :dork: if I tried to back up a trailer.

yankee44

We had a 30 foot tag along and switched to this 38 foot fith wheel. The new one is 8 foot longer and 4 thousand pounds heaver but pulls ALOT eaiser.

Attachments

• camper 2.jpg
    camper 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 87
  • camper.jpg
    camper.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Sweet! Mine is kinda similiar to BCP's cept I don't have the rear side slideout and desk:yay: Our first trip is April 18th and I can't wait:yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
Sweet! Mine is kinda similiar to BCP's cept I don't have the rear side slideout and desk:yay: Our first trip is April 18th and I can't wait:yahoo:
that rear slideout is great, gives some serious camper real estate in the back room.
has the two bunks, and a trundle that slides out and makes it three beds if needed.
theoretically, I can sleep 10.

mommarock

Nice bcp! We have a 30ft. Sprinter. LOVE IT! We go to Myrtle Beach every year. The kids have a blast. Sometimes we put the camper in the driveway and the kids and their friends will sleep in it.:lmao:

T

toppick08

that rear slideout is great, gives some serious camper real estate in the back room.
has the two bunks, and a trundle that slides out and makes it three beds if needed.
theoretically, I can sleep 10.

:whistle:

Elle

Happy Camper!
gonna yank it to yellowstone and back last couple weeks of June.

bought it so we wouldnt have a problem traveling with the dog.

Make sure to check with each campground, a lot of them have rules against leaving pets in trailers, for some reason motor homes are ok but not trailers.

BTW, very nice TT.

bcp

In My Opinion
Make sure to check with each campground, a lot of them have rules against leaving pets in trailers, for some reason motor homes are ok but not trailers.

BTW, very nice TT.
been through it.
has to be solid type TT, no canvas extentions or anything where the animal could escape, It has to have functioning A/C so it can be closed up
Some of them even require that there be deadbolts on the doors (mine has them) and that they be used.

and some just dont allow pets regardless of how you keep them.. but they allow children.. go figure

bcp

In My Opinion
Loaded and ready to leave for the first overnighter.

just wanna see how it will pull on the highway for a short trip.

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 74