And Then There Were 2!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What was it?
One was him telling a girl to have her family go back to Mexico when she was saying how badly her family hates living in America. Another was a teacher talking about how Republicans were at fault for everything and how racist and homophobic Republicans were. How Trump was sending America down the river. :blahblah: I forgot what he said to the teacher but I do know that he and some of his friends wore Trump shirts to school the next day.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One was him telling a girl to have her family go back to Mexico when she was saying how badly her family hates living in America. Another was a teacher talking about how Republicans were at fault for everything and how racist and homophobic Republicans were. How Trump was sending America down the river. :blahblah: I forgot what he said to the teacher but I do know that he and some of his friends wore Trump shirts to school the next day.
Good for them!

SamSpade

Another thing - unless we're all wearing gas masks or N95s, the little pieces of cloth we wear are only 20-50% effective. A 50-70% failure rate. Over the course of a day in close proximity to a COVID positive person? You catch it. A mask is not a protective shield, it is not armor.

If you go into a place where there are more than a few COVID positive people - that virus is everywhere. It's like spraying a whole room with mud and then just cleaning the door knobs. You're GOING to get it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
One more year and we'll be done with CCPS for good. :yahoo: Lucky for us, both our boys have been raised to ignore what the school is trying to shove down their throats. In one ear and out the other. Oldest even got in-school detention a couple times for balking at what was being preached. #proudparentmoment
My sons were also raised to speak up for themselves and not only ignore, but to question the indoctrination, as well. I raised very strong conservative sons - no easy task in and of itself and I did it ALONE.

I have been approached twice to run for school board, and I feel I could be quite affective, but I feel parents with children or a younger population of citizens should be on it. Ever notice all the old crones and codgers on those boards? BUT!! With as many Conservative voices in Calvert - iy is a crying shame and a sin that we Conservatives have let that happen by being apathetic.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My sons were also raised to speak up for themselves and not only ignore, but to question the indoctrination, as well. I raised very strong conservative sons - no easy task in and of itself and I did it ALONE.

I have been approached twice to run for school board, and I feel I could be quite affective, but I feel parents with children or a younger population of citizens should be on it. Ever notice all the old crones and codgers on those boards? BUT!! With as many Conservative voices in Calvert - iy is a crying shame and a sin that we Conservatives have let that happen by being apathetic.
My mother ran (and won) for school board in our hometown AFTER all us kids already went thru the system - actually maybe my youngest brother was a senior at the time, but for the most part we'd already gone thru. She had more time to dedicate to it (it is a huge obligation) but she won because at that point the community was more familiar with her, having put 3 kids thru all 3 schools. She was obviously female, conservative, retired Navy, AND decades of experience in nursing, plus she raised 3 successful kids, so she brought a fresh perpective and people enjoyed having her. The community was sad to see her step down when my parents down-sized and moved up the road.

You're far from an old crone 😉 you absolutely should do it!

Bann

PREMO Member
My mother ran (and won) for school board in our hometown AFTER all us kids already went thru the system - actually maybe my youngest brother was a senior at the time, but for the most part we'd already gone thru. She had more time to dedicate to it (it is a huge obligation) but she won because at that point the community was more familiar with her, having put 3 kids thru all 3 schools. She was obviously female, conservative, retired Navy, AND decades of experience in nursing, plus she raised 3 successful kids, so she brought a fresh perpective and people enjoyed having her. The community was sad to see her step down when my parents down-sized and moved up the road.

You're far from an old crone 😉 you absolutely should do it!
Thank you, for that! I think your mom was the perfect type of candidate, to be honest! And I'm not that old, really, but the Board already has older people... they definitely need younger blood!

Last edited:

UglyBear

You should definitely run.
The lady who is pushing all of this crap also doesn’t have her kid in Calvert Co schools, and that doesn’t stop her from trying to ruin them for the rest of us. The rest of the board are just too cowardly to step up to her.
Wife and I had a conversation about her running for Board last night. She decided against it — in other areas of the country, board members who stand up against the progressive agenda get doxxed, swatted and have death threats against them. Also it would kill her chances to get any job afterwards. It will also make life a living hell for our small kids going through the school system.
That’s the point we are at as a country — terror for conservatives. Never thought we would be here.

UglyBear

Having met you and your wife, and reading your posts here, I think you would do a terrific job homeschooling. I'm sure time for you is tight, but I'd be a lot more confident in your homeschool than public schooling.
Thank you for your kind words. All in all, homeschooling has been great — all of it my wife’s work. Our kids are reading two grades above their level, and are at least a grade above in math.
It’s just we never thought of ourselves as “homeschooling type” — we are both products of good public schools, and we both have advanced STEM degrees. We believe (or used to) that the main benefit of going to school is the social aspect, learning how to behave in a group, etc. All of that are subjects of heated debates in our household for the past year, and we don’t know the right answers.

Bann

PREMO Member
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 donate if you can!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-195107~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-195107~2.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 82