And then this happened......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All together now:

"That's because of all the great policies of the Obama administration!"

:lol:

This will get no play in the fake news media. They like to keep their audience ignorant and raving like lunatics.

transporter

Hi Ivy League Lite,

This was a very good headline number. As usual, that's all you read. You've proven beyond all doubt that details are not your thing. So here are the underlying items of note:

Where was the growth? State/local govt spending, massive inventory build, net exports. (inventory builds are not long run positives...the advanced report never has the last month of the quarter's export data...so watch the revisions...I know you don't watch those either)

Where was the weakness? Consumer spending and investment, particularly residential structures. (these are the areas you want to be strong, in real terms residential investment is lower today than it was a year ago.)

Coming into the release the NY Fed was at 1.4% and Atlanta Fed was at 2.7%. The actual release is a major outlier. You took graduate level courses in stat...you know what an outlier is...right? Again, the revisions will be interesting.

The actual release is here: https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-1st-quarter-2019-advance-estimate

You know in case you want to look at the actual data...instead of being told what to think.

somdwatch

Hi Ivy League Lite,

This was a very good headline number. As usual, that's all you read. You've proven beyond all doubt that details are not your thing. So here are the underlying items of note:

Where was the growth? State/local govt spending, massive inventory build, net exports. (inventory builds are not long run positives...the advanced report never has the last month of the quarter's export data...so watch the revisions...I know you don't watch those either)

Where was the weakness? Consumer spending and investment, particularly residential structures. (these are the areas you want to be strong, in real terms residential investment is lower today than it was a year ago.)

Coming into the release the NY Fed was at 1.4% and Atlanta Fed was at 2.7%. The actual release is a major outlier. You took graduate level courses in stat...you know what an outlier is...right? Again, the revisions will be interesting.

The actual release is here: https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-1st-quarter-2019-advance-estimate

You know in case you want to look at the actual data...instead of being told what to think.
Hey Dippy, The housing bubble is ballooning again. Why don't you demorats just stay the hell out of regulating businesses? This started with Carter and continues ever since. Banks know how to loan $$ they don't need the government telling them WHO to loan to.

PeoplesElbow

Hi Ivy League Lite,
If I remember correctly Gilligan went to Purdue, which is a great engineering school. The ivy league schools aren't really known for their engineers. It is really hard to beat a large state school for engineering.

Where did you go to school?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I remember correctly Gilligan went to Purdue, which is a great engineering school. The ivy league schools aren't really known for their engineers. It is really hard to beat a large state school for engineering.

When Tranny latches on to her delusions, you can't shake 'em loose.

BSME, Purdue. Then continued here..https://krannert.purdue.edu/masters/programs/business-analytics-and-information-management/ ...and then here...https://programs.gwu.edu/graduate/engineering-management

When Tranny latches on to her delusions, you can't shake 'em loose.

BSME, Purdue. Then continued here..https://krannert.purdue.edu/masters/programs/business-analytics-and-information-management/ ...and then here...https://programs.gwu.edu/graduate/engineering-management
Oh.

Uh... I'm questioning my decision to use your services for that very complex apparatus I requested. Vote of no confidence.

A guy on the street corner offered to do it for free. Gonna take him up on that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh.

Uh... I'm questioning my decision to use your services for that very complex apparatus I requested. Vote of no confidence.

A guy on the street corner offered to do it for free. Gonna take him up on that.

Sounds like you've reached a very thoroughly-considered and well-informed decision... ;-p

I'll go back to polishing the glass on my framed diplomas...it's all I really do most days.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Hi Ivy League Lite,

Therein lies the BIG question. Many folks here on the forum (myself included) have shared details of personal/professional life (bits and pieces of a CV) to provide context to their posted comments.

Transporter, NEVER. Which means....?

(a) = Has no credentials (because actually a Russian, bot, or Russian bot);
(b) = Is embarrassed that correspondence courses from a county jail in Northern California won't get the respect he/she/xer thinks the completion certificates deserve;
(c) = Both (a) and (b);
(d) = Something else (soliciting ideas what this "something else" is).

Because if I knew a little more about the cred stash behind the post trash I just might take his/her/xer posts more seriously.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What we know

Transporter claims to;

1. Voted for the ONLY True Republican in the 2016 Election
  2. Superior Economic Insight / Knowledge aka the Smartest Economic Mother ****er in the Room

Anyone NOT Holding Transporters World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... a Russian Bot or a GRU Operative From The 'Internet Research Agency' in Minsk

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Actually, it occurred to me that Tranny is simply a mentally defective POS worthy of nothing beyond the "ignore" feature.

Still fun to taunt, though...that will never change, so there is that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... a mentally defective POS worthy of nothing beyond the "ignore" feature.

Can their posts still be considered 'TROLLING' if you have that person(s) on ignore and never see their posts
like a letter bomb that never reaches the intended victim

:yay:

Salmon
Sapidus
Midnight Spanker

TCROW

Therein lies the BIG question. Many folks here on the forum (myself included) have shared details of personal/professional life (bits and pieces of a CV) to provide context to their posted comments.

Transporter, NEVER. Which means....?

(a) = Has no credentials (because actually a Russian, bot, or Russian bot);
(b) = Is embarrassed that correspondence courses from a county jail in Northern California won't get the respect he/she/xer thinks the completion certificates deserve;
(c) = Both (a) and (b);
(d) = Something else (soliciting ideas what this "something else" is).

Because if I knew a little more about the cred stash behind the post trash I just might take his/her/xer posts more seriously.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yea, people don't really put their resumes on internet discussion forums.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Yea, people don't really put their resumes on internet discussion forums.
No need now to go all binary on us.

I'm not asking for folks to post resumes. But if you strive to dialog, to be understood, or to influence the "give a little to get a little" rule generally works. Because it is in the "giving a little" that one's bona fides are established.

Certainly no need to give anything if one's purpose is to be simply a turd thrower. In this case, one dialogs not one bit, one is never understood, and one influences no one.

I guess turd throwers are happy to get the occasional "troll of the week" award from the basement dwelling, momma-dependent, pimpled, incel collective that gives out the award?

--- End of line (MCP)