Animal abuse as entertainment

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This story made me think about something with regard to dog fighting and other forms of animal abuse that third worlders consider "entertainment".

You can tell a lot about a country by the way they treat their lesser creatures. We've outlawed that stuff in the US, not because we're a bunch of touchy feely PETAs, but because it breaks down the culture and makes the citizenry callous toward cruelty, which will then be extended to how they treat each other.

And you'll notice that countries with stable economies and a decent standard of living have outlawed animal cruelty, while crapholes like Mexico still have bullfighting (which I think is revolting).

That's all - just musing and curious to hear any comments.

vraiblonde said:
This story made me think about something with regard to dog fighting and other forms of animal abuse that third worlders consider "entertainment".

You can tell a lot about a country by the way they treat their lesser creatures. We've outlawed that stuff in the US, not because we're a bunch of touchy feely PETAs, but because it breaks down the culture and makes the citizenry callous toward cruelty, which will then be extended to how they treat each other.

And you'll notice that countries with stable economies and a decent standard of living have outlawed animal cruelty, while crapholes like Mexico still have bullfighting (which I think is revolting).

:yay: :yay: :flowers:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
vraiblonde said:

That's disgusting. They are a bunch of uneducated, low IQ morons.

D

dems4me

appyday said:
It's sad isn't it...If I saw a bull fight I would root for the poor bull..I would cheer when the matador got horned threw the gut..

I always do the same thing!!! Same with bulll riding... the bull usually wins and flings the guy off...:lol:

willie

dems4me said:
I always do the same thing!!! Same with bulll riding... the bull usually wins and flings the guy off...:lol:
I only occasionally watch bull riding but it seems to me that the bull always wins that contest.

snuzzy

I recently read an artical (thread?) that people who show cruelty to animals eventually show cruelty to their kids... it's progressive! Is it no wonder that these countries have human rights issues?!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
snuzzy said:
Is it no wonder that these countries have human rights issues?!
That can't be a coincidence.

I'm waiting for some bleeding heart Leftist to come on here and stick up for this crap. You know how multi-cultural they like to be.

Of course, if they do, I'll turn them in to PETA. :biggrin:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
aps45819 said:
People Eating Tasty Animals

I saw this on the news last night, I love what this judge did :yay:

PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- Cold and snow forced an Ohio woman sentenced to spend a night in the woods for dumping 33 kittens back to jail.

Michelle Murray, 25, a former animal rescuer, was convicted of animal cruelty last month.

Judge Michael Cicconetti sentenced Murray to spend the night in the woods without food or light. He said he wanted her to feel the same pain as the kittens she neglected.

Murray spent about three hours in the woods before she was allowed to go back to a cell.

She will now finish her 15-day jail sentence.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

I knew I shouldn't read that article. :bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
harleygirl said:
PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- Cold and snow forced an Ohio woman sentenced to spend a night in the woods for dumping 33 kittens back to jail.
Excellent! :yay: They should do that with all criminals.

D

DMJ

sick ####s i'm glad i dont live in one of those countries, i would be killing people daily.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The restaurant owner clearly does not "get it"He's got the cheetah cubs fighting for entertainment of the clientèle.
The authorities are trying to rescue these two animals from that hellish environment, but:

In Gode Wednesday, the rescue appeared to have hit a snag.

"I don't see why I should hand them over," Mohamed said. "When I was younger I looked after goats and camels, so I know what animals need."

He tries to draw a parallel between tending camels and goats and caring for the 2 cubs?

:twitch:

willie

"I don't see why I should hand them over," Mohamed said. "When I was younger I looked after goats and camels, so I know what animals need."

He tries to draw a parallel between tending camels and goats and caring for the 2 cubs?

The sadist probably treated them all the same and thinks that is normal. It's their "culture".