Anne Arundel stops distribution of crack pipes aimed at slowing overdoses in Annapolis after Black community backlash

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Admitting they “hadn’t put enough thought” into handing out clean crack pipes to slow overdoses and disease spread among drug users in Annapolis, the Anne Arundel County Health Department responded to backlash in the Black community and said it would stop immediately.
The glass pipes were brought to the attention of community leaders by an Eastport Terrace resident, a recovering crack user who has been clean for 17 years, said Carl Snowden, a longtime civil rights activist and convener of the Caucus of African American Leaders.

Anne Arundel stops distribution of crack pipes aimed at slowing overdoses in Annapolis after Black community backlash - Capital Gazette

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad to see the "black community" stepping up. You have to wonder what those turds in the HD were thinking, and if I had to make a guess I'd say they were thinking, "All them Neegrows are crackheads so let's give um free pipes so they'll continue to vote for who we tell um to."

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
"Kalayanaraman said there are health benefits to distributing the pipes, namely slowing the spread of hepatitis C among users. Pipes made from plastic can cut or burn a person’s lip and leave behind trace amounts of blood that spreads the disease between users. Reducing the sharing of drug supplies can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, he said."

I can understand the needle thing, but this is just stupid.

Hijinx

The real reason they want it stopped is that the Kneegrows are given crack pipes then the police lock them up for having drug paraphernalia.