Another Bout of NAACP Barf-o-rama

BOP

It kills me when they pull this stuff. School is what you make it. Education is what you make it. There are kids of all races that want to achieve and those that don't.

My daughter's AP classes are all races because those are the children who want to do well and will make school work for them.

She has a "troubled" friend whose "lucky if they graduate" classes are also all races because those children have no interest in doing well.

In the required reading novel "Their Eyes Were Watching God", a novel about African Americans in the 1920s by an African American, there is the following quote: "Us colored folks is too envious of one 'nother. Dat's how come us don't git no further than us do. Us talks about the white man keepin' us down! Shucks! He don't have tuh. Us keep our own selves down."

There are plenty of high achieving people of all races. There are plenty of low achieving people of all races.

School is what you make it. Life is what you make it.

Zora Neale Hurston. Read it in college. Pretty good, but a little tough to read.

BOP

You know, it's funny that my "white" kids go to the SAME school as a LOT of "non-white" kids, and they are in the SAME classes. That tells me that they ALL have the SAME opportunities. Let's STOP blaming the "MAN" for keeping them down!!!

Racist.

:coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA
and there is a big part of the problem. When any employer is forced to hire based on % of race, the chances of having to choose a less qualified candidate over the most qualified candidate becomes reality and the quality of the school or business is going to suffer.

I think you missed the point, with all the complaints you could have with SMCPS, bias is not one of them.

and I will never understand the "culturally biased" crap either
English (reading & writing), Mathematics, Science and History (Social Studies) are pretty straight forward unless you want to create faux course of study.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think you missed the point, with all the complaints you could have with SMCPS, bias is not one of them.

and I will never understand the "culturally biased" crap either
English (reading & writing), Mathematics, Science and History (Social Studies) are pretty straight forward unless you want to create faux course of study.

If your basic math problems count cows instead of abandoned cars, that's biased. Of course to say young black people might be more familiar with abandoned cars is racist so there's that. You end up in this bizarro world where you have to accommodate things you cant describe

smilin

BOXER NATION
Look up Fairlead, ask any High School kid in this county why they should try, if all you need to do is show up there to walk out with a degree.