Another hair thread...

Cowgirl

It's that time again. I feel like shaving my head. I'm so sick of my hair! :burning: I've been growing it out, so it's about down to my bra strap. It's so heavy and boring, even though it's layered. I guess I got it trimmed in mid-June. I feel like I want to cut several inches off and do something that will give it "life" again. My hair is parted in the middle, but I really like this cut that is parted to the side. Stupid question- If I get it cut like this but decide not to part it on the side, will that look awful? Will it be lopsided?

AND, will I be able to put it in a ponytail? Will those bangs be a PITA?

Also, I rarely blow dry my hair in the summer because of the humidity. I have wavy hair if I don't blow dry it. Will it look stupid with this cut?

Attachments

• medium-layered-shag-hair-style.jpg
    medium-layered-shag-hair-style.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 107

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Go ahead and shave yourself bald. When your hair grows back you'll appreciate it just being there.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I've ordered that spray but my Avon lady isn't too local, so I have to wait for it to come in. :tantrum

I think you'll like it. My hair is fairly straight but the humidity does horrible things to it, especially since it's longer now. The Curl Goddess keeps it looking smooth and doesn't seem to weigh it down or make it greasy looking.

Cowgirl

I think you'll like it. My hair is fairly straight but the humidity does horrible things to it, especially since it's longer now. The Curl Goddess keeps it looking smooth and doesn't seem to weigh it down or make it greasy looking.

So do you spray it in and blow dry your hair, or does your hair naturally dry straight?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Seriously tho, August is a bad time to to restyle your hair, especially if you're concerned about being able to pull it off your face. The humidity will effect any look you're going for anyway. Why not just get the back and sides trimmed for now to even it out a bit and get the dried ends off and wait a few more weeks. Use stylish pins, head bands and good hair gel to hold your hair in place for now.

BTW- constantly pulling your hair in ponytails or tight braiding will weaken your roots and could cause hair loss when you're older (and yeah you WILL be older one day;))

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
So do you spray it in and blow dry your hair, or does your hair naturally dry straight?

I experimented Friday (day off). I washed my hair and sprayed the Curl Goddess on but then I went out and was in the car with the windows down. So my hair was somewhat wild. :lol: What I do is blow dry my hair, then spray it lightly with the Curl Goddess. It seems to keep my hair "tamed" and I really like the smell. :biggrin:

Cowgirl

BTW- constantly pulling your hair in ponytails or tight braiding will weaken your roots and could cause hair loss when you're older (and yeah you WILL be older one day;))

:bawl: I've been braiding it every day to keep it off my face. I guess I'll just try to blow dry it in the mornings and deal with it.

I experimented Friday (day off). I washed my hair and sprayed the Curl Goddess on but then I went out and was in the car with the windows down. So my hair was somewhat wild. :lol: What I do is blow dry my hair, then spray it lightly with the Curl Goddess. It seems to keep my hair "tamed" and I really like the smell. :biggrin:

Ok, I'll suck it up until the Curl Goddess comes in so I can try that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:bawl: I've been braiding it every day to keep it off my face. I guess I'll just try to blow dry it in the mornings and deal with it.

I'm old and I pull my hair back unless I'm at work or out for the evening,etc. and I have a TON of hair.

Roxie04

It's that time again. I feel like shaving my head. I'm so sick of my hair! :burning: I've been growing it out, so it's about down to my bra strap. It's so heavy and boring, even though it's layered. I guess I got it trimmed in mid-June. I feel like I want to cut several inches off and do something that will give it "life" again. My hair is parted in the middle, but I really like this cut that is parted to the side. Stupid question- If I get it cut like this but decide not to part it on the side, will that look awful? Will it be lopsided?

AND, will I be able to put it in a ponytail? Will those bangs be a PITA?

Also, I rarely blow dry my hair in the summer because of the humidity. I have wavy hair if I don't blow dry it. Will it look stupid with this cut?

The loger your hair gets the heavier it will get, even with layers. The less work you put into your hair the less of a result you will get. Long, thick, heavy hair will not do anything if it just airdrys all the time. You have to work with your hair to make it look like it has some life to it. There is no way of getting around it. Even with the picture you posted you will have to blow it out with a round brush to achieve that look.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'm so jealous of women with thick hair. Actually, I'm jealous of women with thick hair, with curly hair, with straight hair....well, you get the point.

You all realize that if you have thick hair, you can always thin it out. And if you have curly hair and want straight hair, all you have to do is use a flat iron or put a straightener on it. And if you have straight hair and want curly hair, all you need to do it get a body wave or a perm.

But if you have thin hair, there's nothing you can do about it. You're just stuck with really crappy hair. Everyone else has options on what they can do with their hair; with fine/thin hair, there aren't any options. You're just stuck with yucky hair.

I hate my hair. :bawl:

T

toppick08

I'm so jealous of women with thick hair. Actually, I'm jealous of women with thick hair, with curly hair, with straight hair....well, you get the point.

You all realize that if you have thick hair, you can always thin it out. And if you have curly hair and want straight hair, all you have to do is use a flat iron or put a straightener on it. And if you have straight hair and want curly hair, all you need to do it get a body wave or a perm.

But if you have thin hair, there's nothing you can do about it. You're just stuck with really crappy hair. Everyone else has options on what they can do with their hair; with fine/thin hair, there aren't any options. You're just stuck with yucky hair.

I hate my hair. :bawl:[/QUOTE]

:huggy:.I hate mine too.

I hate my hair. :bawl:
Oh stop! Who the hell is looking at your hair you beautiful thing you! :smoochy:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
The loger your hair gets the heavier it will get, even with layers. The less work you put into your hair the less of a result you will get. Long, thick, heavy hair will not do anything if it just airdrys all the time. You have to work with your hair to make it look like it has some life to it. There is no way of getting around it. Even with the picture you posted you will have to blow it out with a round brush to achieve that look.

IDK about all that. I never blow dry my hair, comb the conditioner through before I rinse, then out of the shower I just mousse it, a little light oil (whatever I have for body oil blended with some essential oils that smell great) or watered down conditioner for anti frizz and I go.... it curls up just nice. I don't ever think it looked or felt weighed down or lifeless.
I have thick and curly hair, it is a PITA to deal with sometimes b/c there is so much of it and there is only so much I can do with it. I just don't like to take more time on it than I need to. When I get it trimmed that's the only time I straighten my hair, I don't have the patience for that at home.

:huggy:.I hate mine too.

YOU! Outta the lady's forum! :buttkick: