Another hair thread...

Cowgirl

The loger your hair gets the heavier it will get, even with layers. The less work you put into your hair the less of a result you will get. Long, thick, heavy hair will not do anything if it just airdrys all the time. You have to work with your hair to make it look like it has some life to it. There is no way of getting around it. Even with the picture you posted you will have to blow it out with a round brush to achieve that look.

I understand all that, but it's gotten so long that it takes too long to blow-dry, and I don't want to waste time blow-drying when the humidity is going to make it poofy anyways. That's why I end up pulling it up or braiding it. I think if I get it cut shorter with better layers (like the picture) it'll take less time to blow-dry and it'll look better.

I just wasn't sure about the side part thing. :shrug:

nomoney

I understand all that, but it's gotten so long that it takes too long to blow-dry, and I don't want to waste time blow-drying when the humidity is going to make it poofy anyways. That's why I end up pulling it up or braiding it. I think if I get it cut shorter with better layers (like the picture) it'll take less time to blow-dry and it'll look better.

I just wasn't sure about the side part thing. :shrug:

I used to have a similar cut and have a natural part down the middle. Half the time it made my head look like a mushroom. Just FYI.