Another Harris "flip-flop"...

Ramp Guy

...see how important I was as a California DA... I put criminals in jail for smoking "weed" The power I had with my pen!

"I just feel strongly that people shouldn't go to jail for smoking weed," she said Monday during an appearance on the video podcast All The Smoke, a video podcast hosted by former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. "We need to legalize it."

She felt real "strongly" by locking up thousands. "According to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), at least 1,974 individuals were imprisoned for marijuana-related offenses on Harris's watch."

The Harris campaign called it a "lie."

A subsequent fact check by the San Francisco Chronicle, based on information provided by the CDCR, determined that the Free Beacon had undercounted the number of individuals sent to prison for marijuana convictions during Harris's tenure as attorney general. Even the new, higher figure of 1,974 was likely an undercount due to a California public safety initiative that rerouted many low-level, non-violent drug offenders to state jails, where they would not have appeared in state prison admission totals.

"Gabbard's attack on Harris's criminal justice record was bolstered by a comment Harris made in February 2019, when she laughed about smoking weed in college and endorsed legalizing the drug because "it gives a lot of people joy, and we need more joy." Harris withdrew from the Democratic primary in 2019 several weeks after Politico said her campaign had "no discipline, no plan, no strategy."

So share with us Kamala, how much joy did the "criminals" your pen locked up, enjoy? Seems if you weren't sucking on a joint there were other things you were en - JOYING. eek.

Last edited:

SamSpade

So her bragging about locking up drug dealers and cartels - it was just guys smoking weed? A drug she's used and doesn't think should be illegal?

That was some POWERFUL work as a lawyer and DA.

Ramp Guy

So her bragging about locking up drug dealers and cartels - it was just guys smoking weed? A drug she's used and doesn't think should be illegal?

That was some POWERFUL work as a lawyer and DA.
Yes it was, the power of her pen she bragged, can put people in jail.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"I just feel strongly that people shouldn't go to jail for smoking weed," she said Monday during an appearance on the video podcast All The Smoke, a video podcast hosted by former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. "We need to legalize it."

A Black Conservative put up a video talking about this ......

Kamala on a podcast with 2 dope smokers ... yeah that is going to convince Americans

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If we had an honest news media and real journalists they'd have a field day with her.

I don't really think she locked people up *just* for smoking pot. Usually there's other stuff and pot just happens to be one of them. There aren't enough jail cells for simple pot smokers, plus the time and money to prosecute it. But who knows...

She's whipping out the "I was a prosecutor!" line because it's red meat for brainless progs who want Trump to go to jail for imaginary crimes.

Hijinx

She is a joke. A JOKE running for the highest office in the land. Watermen know what a cull is.
It is something tossed back because it isn't worthy of keeping.

Kamala Harris is a cull.

Ramp Guy

If we had an honest news media and real journalists they'd have a field day with her.

I don't really think she locked people up *just* for smoking pot. Usually there's other stuff and pot just happens to be one of them. There aren't enough jail cells for simple pot smokers, plus the time and money to prosecute it. But who knows...

She's whipping out the "I was a prosecutor!" line because it's red meat for brainless progs who want Trump to go to jail for imaginary crimes.
I think you're in the ball park with that... Betting a lot was for "trafficking - intent to sell - procession - etc" But where would she be able to buy her "joyful weed" if it wasn't for the distribution network?

Clem72

They definitely did for a while, California used to be a tough on crime state (remember 3 strikes law, automatic 25 years for 3rd felony). Simple possession used to be a felony in California, then they raised it to having a certain amount that indicated an intent to sell. Even after they legalized it "medically" they still had over 10k felony weed convictions a year according to google.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They definitely did for a while, California used to be a tough on crime state (remember 3 strikes law, automatic 25 years for 3rd felony). Simple possession used to be a felony in California, then they raised it to having a certain amount that indicated an intent to sell. Even after they legalized it "medically" they still had over 10k felony weed convictions a year according to google.

I didn't know that. In California??? Is it because they're all a bunch of dopers and it's easy money for the state?

Hijinx

My opinion of Kamala Harris as Attorney General in California is she showed up when she felt like it planted her ass in the big chair, dozed through the afternoon and picked up her check every 2 weeks.

DaSDGuy

Her flip flopping is similar to a freshly caught fish on the ground. Just flopping around and going nowhere.

Ramp Guy

My opinion of Kamala Harris as Attorney General in California is she showed up when she felt like it planted her ass in the big chair, dozed through the afternoon and picked up her check every 2 weeks.
..as Fani Wills did when she was called up to the witness stand... Flop of the day.

It appears as if she was never taught to "sit" in a chair. Flop Flop

Clem72

I didn't know that. In California??? Is it because they're all a bunch of dopers and it's easy money for the state?
Not really, for most of it's history California was a lot like Maryland. Mostly agricultural, mostly rural, mostly conservative. Just a few enclaves around big cities that collected all the liberals.

Prior to recent history most of the governors were Republicans, and R's controlled the state Senate for it's entire history until the '56 and from then on until 92 the D's had a slight majority or it was split. Then they gerrymandered the hell out of the districts and since the early 90s it's progressed to it's current supermajority for the Ds.

It took them a while to purge the legal system of the old conservative judges, DAs, Sherriff's etc. completely turning into what we have today.

So even though from the 60s-80s when thinking of California you might have pictured Berkeley hippies, San Fransisco's alternate lifestyle crowd, Hollyweirdos, or the immigrant heavy areas around San Diego, the fact was that most of the state and the states laws were conservative.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prior to recent history most of the governors were Republicans, and R's controlled the state Senate for it's entire history until the '56 and from then on until 92 the D's had a slight majority or it was split. Then they gerrymandered the hell out of the districts and since the early 90s it's progressed to it's current supermajority for the Ds.

Yep

Hijinx

..as Fani Wills did when she was called up to the witness stand... Flop of the day.

It appears as if she was never taught to "sit" in a chair. Flop Flop
Well: I don't think they have caught Kamala with her dress on backwards yet.

Hijinx

California has deported enough of their liberals that they have destroyed the neighboring States of New Mexico ,Arizona and Colorado.

Voting in California, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico is over long before election day, It is over when they set up the Machines or shut down the polls and start producing & counting at 3 AM in the morning.