another heart wenching story

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
I have 4 so I have an idea how hard it can be. I feel for them.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. :lol:

I always wanted a big family. Did not work out that way. It really tears at my heart some of the ads I see on here. But I am so naive so I wanted a second opinion. I just dropped off some stuff I brought for the little boy Tony to Ferret Rescue this morning and still have a little extra money left so I was thinking maybe help one more family.

But I heard there were scams out there too. So I thought I would see what you guys thought about the ad.

meangirl

Nice lady!
I always wanted a big family. Did not work out that way. It really tears at my heart some of the ads I see on here. But I am so naive so I wanted a second opinion. I just dropped off some stuff I brought for the little boy Tony to Ferret Rescue this morning and still have a little extra money left so I was thinking maybe help one more family.

But I heard there were scams out there too. So I thought I would see what you guys thought about the ad.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think. :ohwell:
Good on ya for helping out the little boy. :huggy:

W

WhoCares

The County Times said that there are over 600 families that asked for assistance through the Dept of Social Services. Of those 600, only 400 had been selected. This year is sad for many families in the tri-county area. I have given support for 2 families this year, and wish I could do more but I just can't.

somdprincess

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think. :ohwell:
Good on ya for helping out the little boy. :huggy:

I was going to meet BS gal but did not have the time to get over to the county this week Ferret was nice enough to offer to come pick them up to drop off Sunday so it worked out.

I wish there was some way that ads like this could be verified.

N

nitwhit3286

call the number.... one way to find out. Between giving to the salvation army...toys for tots.. the foodbank..and PETA... i pretty poor...esp. with my car situation.

somdprincess

The County Times said that there are over 600 families that asked for assistance through the Dept of Social Services. Of those 600, only 400 had been selected. This year is sad for many families in the tri-county area. I have given support for 2 families this year, and wish I could do more but I just can't.

As gas prices go up and the struggle some people are having just to make ends meet it is so sad to see something like this over the holidays.

But on the other hand this is the time of year that many people use scams like this to get things. So that is why I figured if someone else read it they might not be so gullible as I am.

N

nitwhit3286

what is wrong with your car?

been in the shop for over two weeks. had to tear the engine down to find out one of the cylinder pistons needs to be replaced.. lots of time and work.. the warranty hasn't even stepped up on their end yet. Went 9 days without a car.. and just got a rental this past friday for a week. Don't have the money to be dishing out more cash for a rental car... esp. with christmas fast approaching. The warranty doesn't want to help us, neither does the program we have the car financed through. What a shame, all it is about is the money.. they don't care if I'm left without transportation for myself and my 2 1/2 yr. old. They just want their money every month. Bah humbug. :(

somdprincess

been in the shop for over two weeks. had to tear the engine down to find out one of the cylinder pistons needs to be replaced.. lots of time and work.. the warranty hasn't even stepped up on their end yet. Went 9 days without a car.. and just got a rental this past friday for a week. Don't have the money to be dishing out more cash for a rental car... esp. with christmas fast approaching. The warranty doesn't want to help us, neither does the program we have the car financed through. What a shame, all it is about is the money.. they don't care if I'm left without transportation for myself and my 2 1/2 yr. old. They just want their money every month. Bah humbug. :(

man that bites the big one. I hope you can get it fixed. It is a shame you are not in the area. I have an extra car that I am not using.

N

nitwhit3286

man that bites the big one. I hope you can get it fixed. It is a shame you are not in the area. I have an extra car that I am not using.

haha.... yeah everyone over 200 miles away have cars... everyone around here.. including immediate family are using theirs.. go figure. thanks though somd... you are a sweetheart. :huggy:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

You should run an add for assistance.
It may help out your Father.

W

WhoCares

As gas prices go up and the struggle some people are having just to make ends meet it is so sad to see something like this over the holidays.

But on the other hand this is the time of year that many people use scams like this to get things. So that is why I figured if someone else read it they might not be so gullible as I am.

Yeah it is. The one thing that has held me back from going to the county is that the last time I did it with my work it was a family of 6 kids. They wanted all sorts of expensive electronics *things*. Ride on cars, Portable dvd players, remote control cars and so on. I just don't have the money to buy that sort of stuff for people. I don't mind providing warm clothes, new coat, new gloves, and a couple of toys, but not the toys that my neice and nephews don't even get. I know it is because all their friends at school get it, but when all my friends at school were wearing store bought clothes, I had handmade clothes. Yes I was a poor child.

N

nitwhit3286

You should run an add for assistance.
It may help out your Father.

dad hasn't been dishing out any money here recently.. we had to purchase the rental car you old fart. Go drink another beer.