Another House, Golden Beach

OldHillcrestGuy

For the second time in just over 2 weeks, another house went up in flames this time on Bay Dr. down in the beach at around 420am . This one was totally involved before any fire truck arrived. Is there a arsonist on the loose, I never heard while listening to the call whether this house was occupied or vacant. Never heard any mention of a homeowner. Is someone out there cleaning up the area of vacant and foreclosed homes?
Very hard time getting the first due assignment of firetrucks out and they had to dispatch a second assignment out. Firetrucks from 4 counties eventually were responding. I believe Hughesville arrived first, all I know many sirens in the north end of the county this morning. Fire Marshall was requested.

Urbanite

For the second time in just over 2 weeks, another house went up in flames this time on Bay Dr. down in the beach at around 420am . This one was totally involved before any fire truck arrived. Is there a arsonist on the loose, I never heard while listening to the call whether this house was occupied or vacant. Never heard any mention of a homeowner. Is someone out there cleaning up the area of vacant and foreclosed homes?
Very hard time getting the first due assignment of firetrucks out and they had to dispatch a second assignment out. Firetrucks from 4 counties eventually were responding. I believe Hughesville arrived first, all I know many sirens in the north end of the county this morning. Fire Marshall was requested.

Thanks for the info OHG, I live in that area and as far as I know there is nothing for sale except for a plot of land on Bay Dr but I may be mistaken , if you get any other info please post, seems just a little too coincidental for me

CraneTaker77

The house was vacant. I don't think it's listed for sale yet because it was a recent for closure I believe. It's kind of scary knowing that there is possibly an arsonist running around in my neighborhood. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be the teenagers in the neighborhood who are constantly out at all hours of the night in the beach. They're are a select few who are known to possibly be drug dealers in the beach. I was going to work one morning and saw two of them walking down the road at 5 o'clock in the morning. They are seen through out the day speeding around the beach in the same cars, at all hours of the day/night. When they walk on the roads they purposely walk side by side so cars have to squeeze by them. And give you nasty looks when you go by them.

Last edited:
The house was vacant. I don't think it's listed for sale yet because it was a recent for closure I believe. It's kind of scary knowing that there is possibly an arsonist running around in my neighborhood. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be the teenagers in the neighborhood who are constantly out at all hours of the night in the beach. They're are a select few who are known to possibly be drug dealers in the beach. I was going to work one morning and saw two of them walking down the road at 5 o'clock in the morning. They are seen though out the day speeding around the beach in the same cars, at all hours of the day/night. When they walk on the roads they purposely walk side by side so cars have to squeeze by them. And give you nasty looks when you gun by them.

Better.

CraneTaker77

I actually meant go by them. There will be 4 people and they will intentionally stand side by side across the road and wait until the last minute to get out of your way. I mean I know pedestrians have the right of way, but they are doing it to be little bastards. I've been in my yard and seen them do it to multiple cars.

Last edited:
I actually meant go by them. There will be 4 people and they will intentionally stand side by side across the road and wait until the last minute to get out of your way. I mean I know pedestrians have the right of way, but they are doing it to be little bastards. I've been in my yard and seen them do it to multiple cars.

Not if they are standing in the road. Especially at night. Happens on GM road quite a bit and I have not seen where the driver was at fault yet.

CraneTaker77

Not if they are standing in the road. Especially at night. Happens on GM road quite a bit and I have not seen where the driver was at fault yet.

Yea, I'm sure it happens everywhere, I thought you were implying that I "gun my car " by them and cause them to give me nasty looks, which I don't, I wouldn't want them to come and vandalize my house. It's not hard to figure out where someone lives, when they are always out on the roads. I just cuss them under my breath lol.

fatratcat

Very concerning. I hope the Sheriff or State Police step things up in the area. Sadly, I think given the number of foreclosures in the area and falling home values, things will get worse.

mdff21

If the house is up for foreclosure, maybe the owner did it to collect the insurance. Then leave the mess for the bank to clean up.

MarieB

Makes you want to put the car on neutral and gun it just to scare the ####s, if not for worry about potential repercussions